Any tips to ease all day morning sickness??

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Any tips to ease all day morning sickness??

Postby Chloe884 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:04 am

Hi there,
I'm 7w4d and really struggling with all day morning sickness. It gets worse as the day goes on and I haven't been able to eat my dinner for a week now as feel so rough. I know I've lost weight!
Has anyone got any tips on how to manage it. FYI I haven't actually been sick, just dry retching into the toilet bowl but I feel like if I was sick, I would feel better. It's getting me down but I know the reason for it and feel blessed but it's hard.
Any tips appreciated, thanks xxx
Chloe884
Friend

Re: Any tips to ease all day morning sickness??

Postby HyacinthandBiscuits » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:17 pm

I'm just coming out of the first tri and let me tell you... It's finally easing up!
I did figure out that no matter how unappetizing eating sounds, you just have to do it to feel better.
Never let your tummy be empty! Eat a tiny bit of whatever you can stomach like every hour.
First thing in the morning and right before bed too.
For me it peaked at 9 weeks then slowly eased up.good luck! Keep reminding yourself it's a good sign and it will get better!
Me 33/ SO 29
First BFP July 30, EDD April 9
HyacinthandBiscuits

Postby Chloe884 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:21 am

Thanks Hyacinth. That's useful info. I was letting myself get hungry and being sick but then I couldn't stomach anything after being sick. Today's been a bit easier, I've been eating shredded wheat which I can stomach and it fills me up. Glad you're feeling better and yes I know it'll get easier xx
Chloe884
Friend

Postby HyacinthandBiscuits » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:45 am

I was/am eating raisin bran like crazy! It really helps! Glad you found a bit of relief :)
Me 33/ SO 29
HyacinthandBiscuits

Postby HyacinthandBiscuits » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:47 am

I also found a that motion sickness bands (on the pressure points on the wrist) actually helped too. You can get them at cvs/Walgreens.
Me 33/ SO 29
HyacinthandBiscuits

Postby lilbrit22 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:14 pm

B6 and unisom are the basic ingredients in the prescription anti nausea medicine diclegis. You can take those. Just make sure that you are not taking too much. I think you can see how many mg of each is enough. Feel better!
TTC since 10/15/13
BFP 2/8/15
'Pippin' EDD 10/19/15
lilbrit22
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to First Trimester