5 weeks 6 day ultrasound question

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

5 weeks 6 day ultrasound question

Postby babirymomma02 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:31 pm

Hello all! I am hoping to get some advice. I had an early ultrasound at an elective place just to get some peace of mind that I didn't have another ectopic pregnancy. The only thing, they only do abdominal ultrasounds. I was nervous we wouldn't see much being so early and on top of the belly. The good news is we saw a sac and a yolk sac. She thought she saw the fetal pole and a flicker but it was super hard to see. Should I be worried? Does anyone know is it more difficult to see the actual baby at this point on top of the stomach? I have had early ultrasounds transvaginal and we were able to see the baby. Please let me know your thoughts! I am not 100% certain of my ovulation date but I should be close. 'm a worrier and a panicker. Thank you!
babirymomma02
Friend

Re: 5 weeks 6 day ultrasound question

Postby Aml51368 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:07 am

Hi!

I'm in a similar situation but arty 6week they still haven't seen a yolk sac or fetal pole. I think if you saw that then you are in a good place. I think you're fine. I go back next week at 7w and pray we see something....
Aml51368
Friend

Return to First Trimester