Advice needed on Progrsterone Cream please

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Advice needed on Progrsterone Cream please

Postby Sai23 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:54 am

Hi everyone,

Hoping this is the right place to post...

I'm new to this forum, looking for some advice and past experiences please.

I have had 2 chemical pregnancies in a space of 4 months,I think this is due to having low progesterone. I have had scans done and done the thyroid testing and blood clotting testing and these came out to be normal,

My cycles are generally 30-32 days, The cycle immediately after my miscarriage I had a positive opk on an ic test on cd17,the on cd24 I went in for a progesterone blood test and the levels were <1. My doctor seems to think I didn't ovulate yet and said I should come back on Cd 24 for the next progesterone tests as he thinks this cycle is off due to the miscarriage 3 weeks ago,

Is it possible that I ovulated on cd17 like the ic test suggests and that my levels dropped to 0 by 7dpo when the blood test was taken.

I have having pregnancy type symtoms I'm now 9po, hot are bfn but this feels like dajavu and I feel like how I felt just before I had previous miscarriage.

I spoke to my doctor about progesterone creams and pills and he said he can't advise or prescribe them until he does more tests the "next" cycle.

I worried that the low levels of progesterone are causing these miscarriages and I don't want another miscarriage to happen if there is something I can do about it.

Do you have any advice for me pleas on what worked for you, what creams did you take or are taking to have keep the progesterone levels normal?

Sorry for the long ramble, any advice welcome :) xxx
Sai23

Re: Advice needed on Progrsterone Cream please

Postby DaraEva » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:54 am

Hi! Sorry about your struggles! I too was diagnosed with low progesterone and was unable to conceive for 4 years. I went to a naturopath who did a full analysis (blood work, urine and saliva), and it was only then discovered that the cause of my progesterone issues had to do with gut health.... I never knew that gut bacteria influenced hormone balance. My regular doctor did not consider this but my naturopath saw that I had low blood sugar and dug further. He diagnosed me with SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) and told me it was quite common but not often caught. Anyhow, diet changes (low carb; high protein & fat) and progesterone cream got me my BFP and I am now 9 weeks and continuing to use the cream until 12 weeks, when the placenta is fully formed. My doc dosed the level of progesterone cream. He also has me on NAC, which apparently prevents miscarriages (unless there is a genetic abnormality, in which case the miscarriage still takes place)- though research still hasn't shown exactly how it does so. Hope this helps somehow!
DaraEva

Return to First Trimester