fighting bronchitis and nervous to take anything

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

fighting bronchitis and nervous to take anything

Postby Jackieb1014 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:31 am

I am hoping someone can reassure me! I've been fighting what I thought was a bad cold for almost a week now. I finally listened to my OBGYN's office and took tylenol cold for a few days, but only half the dose. It helped, but still felt horrible. Well this morning I am realizing I most likely have bronchitis. My PCP can't see me until tomorrow so he called in a z-pack and inhaler pro-air. I am pretty sure z-pack is ok, has anyone taken antibiotics in the first trimester and felt it is safe for baby? And what about pro-air? I think I am probably going to skip that even if my OB ok's it. I lost a baby at 17 weeks earlier this year and that was my 3rd mc so I am petrified on a normal day....taking prescription or even otc meds have me so concerned....any thoughts or advice? Thank you!
[url][/url]Image
Jackieb1014
Friend

Re: fighting bronchitis and nervous to take anything

Postby NicoleRP » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:45 pm

Honestly if your OB oks it, its probably safe. They are usually pretty conservative with their recommendations on meds. I totally get the anxiety though, so you have to do what you feel comfortable with in the end.
Me: 32
DH: 33
Married: 2/14/09
1st BFP 12/25/11 - A boy, born 8/23/12
2nd BFP 11/20/13 - A girl, born 8/02/14
3rd BFP 11/2/16 - EDD 7/10/17

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
NicoleRP
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: fighting bronchitis and nervous to take anything

Postby Naivelyhopeful » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:02 am

I actually had pneumonia in my first trimester. I had no idea I was pregnant, either. I took 3+ weeks of multiple types of antibiotics and I'm now going on 25 weeks with a perfectly healthy son. I know anecdotal evidence isn't actually science but I hope it's reassuring to know it has been done before. If you're sick, you do what you gotta do hun.
Naivelyhopeful
Friend

Return to First Trimester