Doppler question

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Doppler question

Postby erin860 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:18 am

So I'm 9 weeks and 3 days (I know for sure bc of temping). I had bought a home Doppler with my first pregnancy. I know lots of women are against them but I really likes the peace of mind it gave me. Anyway I tried it yesterday and today and couldn't hear anything. I know it's probably too early, ever knew before I tried that there was a great chance I wouldn't hear anything, but now I'm a little worried. My morning sickness pretty much went away about a week ago so between that and the Doppler not picking up a heartbeat I feel nervous. I'm hoping some of you ladies can tell me that you couldn't hear a heartbeat this early either but that everything was okay.
erin860

Re: Doppler question

Postby SaSears » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:23 pm

It's super early to hear anything! My doc won't even attempt to find heart tones with a Doppler until at least 10 weeks and he couldn't find any on my at my 11wk appt! Also totally normal for symptoms to come and go :) I would try and wait a couple weeks until you try again. And when you do try again go down suuuper far. Like way down by your pelvic bone! It's sooo hard to be patient and not stress :) but trust your body! It knows what it's doing!
SaSears
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: Doppler question

Postby erin860 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:44 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I read your response after you had written it but was running around with my daughter and didn't have a chance to reply. But I have thought about your words a lot. Somehow just hearing from someone else, even a stranger on the internet, gives me comfort. The wait in between appointments seems forever!!!! Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to leave a message.
erin860

Return to First Trimester