Symptoms disappearing...lots of anxiety!

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Symptoms disappearing...lots of anxiety!

Postby Whitepearl » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:29 am

I will be 6 weeks tomorrow, this is my first pregnancy after a miscarriage in Dec 2016. Before a HPT could even detect I was pregnant I experienced a ton of symptoms - I had waves of nausea, sore breasts, super sore ligaments (from the release of relaxin), the list goes on - it felt like I had every possible symptom you had ever heard of! So now i'm almost 6 weeks and barely feel a thing and i'm terrified of another loss. Anyone experience a loss of symptoms at this time point? Thanks :)
Whitepearl

Re: Symptoms disappearing...lots of anxiety!

Postby lisbanales16 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello,
First congratulations on your pregnancy. I just want to tell you I'm pregnant with my third child and have gone through miscarriages as well. I Haven't had any symptoms at all with the three pregnancies. With this last one I started having sore boobs and a little tired but they went away which made me freak out for nothing because I had ultrasound and baby was fine. All I can tell you it's that don't see symptoms as an indicator that pregnancy is going well or not. Symptoms are only a way your body adapts to new hormones. The only way you'll know if your pregnancy is viable is by having a ultrasound and hopefully you'll have one soon.

Hope this helps and if you want to ask more, you can send me a message.
lisbanales16
Friend

Postby erin860 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:39 pm

I can totally understand your fear especially after having suffered a miscarriage. Symptoms definitely come and go. I am 16 weeks but had several days early on where I freaked myself out only to feel sick again a few days later. With my first, I never really had any symptoms and what I did had didn't start until after seven weeks. I always tell myself as long as I'm not having any major bleeding or cramping everything's OK. Still it's always hard not to worry welcome to motherhood.
erin860

Postby Whitepearl » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:44 am

Thank you ladies for your comforting words! I'm definitely finding it tough to get out of my own head this time around and probably causing myself unnecessary stress. I saw my GP today and have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday, hoping to hear some good news even though nothing is 100% (my last pregnancy everything looked great at the same time point and I had no indicators there was a cause of concern). Even though the symptoms are not pleasant I always find comfort in them knowing that something is going on in my body! Congrats to both of you on your pregnancies and adding to your families :)
Whitepearl

Return to First Trimester