Working in Early Pregnancy?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Working in Early Pregnancy?

Postby RubyRed17 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:10 pm

Hey, all!

So this is our first baby and I am nervous about EVERYTHING. I'm 5wks 2 days and have had a few mild symptoms but nothing big yet.

I'm concerned that working too much could threaten things. I'm transitioning between jobs right now, so I've been working two jobs 8a-11p every day for the past 7 days straight, finally have a day off tomorrow. I'm on my feet for nearly the entire time, and one of the jobs is stressful but not necessarily physically demanding.

Thankfully, I only have to do this for another week and a half, but I'm a little concerned that it could be dangerous. I've had mild cramping at night since I found out I was pregnant, though I know that's normal. I just don't want to exert myself to the point that I'm risking miscarriage, but I kind of have to work this much and we hadnt been planning on telling anyone until at least 8 weeks.

Does anyone have any experiences they can share or any advice they've received?

TL;DR: How much work is too much during early pregnancy?
RubyRed17
Friend

Re: Working in Early Pregnancy?

Postby erin860 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:58 am

Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy! My advice to you would be to try and rest at home as much as you can and leave any of your housework until you're only working one job. I think as long as you were doing something before you got pregnant and your body is used to it it's not as big of a deal as if you were to start exerting yourself and you're not used to it. I get worried sometimes to about working too hard or lifting things that are too heavy (especially carrying my daughter around) but I try to remind myself that women have been having babies since the beginning of time and I'm sure they were doing much more manual labor 100 years ago then I do now. Anyway congratulations again
erin860

Re: Working in Early Pregnancy?

Postby RubyRed17 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:57 pm

Haha, that's very true! I feel good in general, just extra extra tired from working so much and being pregnant, so it sounds like I don't have anything to worry about. My husband has been so sweet, too, he's been really accommodating of making sure I'm sleeping and getting naps when I can, plus doesn't want me to feel like I have to get housework caught up while I'm still adjusting to everything.
Thank you, I feel much better about it!
RubyRed17
Friend

Return to First Trimester