Bleeding at 5 weeks. :(

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Bleeding at 5 weeks. :(

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:30 am

I'm 5 weeks, 1 day. I had some very minor AF type cramps this evening, and when I went to the bathroom before bed, I got a swipe of brown blood. I wiped again and the tp was filled with orange/red watery blood. Wiped again and got the same. I put on a pad and got in bed. I've been to scared to go check again, but I feel like I'm still bleeding.

I never saw any blood in my last pregnancy. Can a miscarriage start with spotting like this? If you've experienced bleeding in early pregnancy, will you share your experience with me?

Feeling pretty bummed tonight. :(
Me: 29 DH:34
Married since August 2013

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Bleeding at 5 weeks. :(

Postby erin860 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:37 am

I'm so sorry for your worry. I think brown blood/old blood it's totally normal in early pregnancy. My sister-in-law bleed on and off for pretty much her whole first trimester. I had bleeding at 14 weeks with my first pregnancy one evening. I called the doctor and they told me if I got worse to go to the hospital or if not they would see me the next day because it was after hours. By the time I went in and it had stopped. We have had sex the day before so they thought it was from sex. I would call the doctor if I were you they might be able to get you in for a transvaginal ultrasound. You probably won't be able to see the baby's heartbeat yet because it's too early but hopefully you'll be able to see that everything looks OK. I'll keep checking back if you want to talk.
erin860

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks, I talked to my doctor and he said we just need to wait it out for the weekend and that it could go either way. The bleeding and cramping has picked up a bit, so I'm not feeling great about things. He said to call on Monday and update him and he'd decide if I need to come in.

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby erin860 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm so sorry, praying that you find comfort during this time of waiting. When I was 32 weeks with my first we had a scare (long story but they thought I was going to go into labor soon) and waiting to come in for the ultrasound was the worse. I've seen lots of your comments on the trying section of the website (my name is 860lindsey on the trying section I thought I needed a new username for the pregnancy section when I had to reregister). Anyway, you're always so helpful to everyone, I wish I could be more helpful but please know that I've already said a prayer for you and will be praying for you tonight.
erin860

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Thank you Erin, that means a lot. <3 I'm praying for a miracle here, but trying to prepare myself for the worst just in case. I guess time will tell...

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Return to First Trimester