Spotting

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Is this something to be worried about?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes : 0

Spotting

Postby sarahinez15 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Help!! I'm freaking out..
I am 5 weeks 3 days, and last night when I wiped, I noticed a very very tiny amount of red blood. I have had no cramping different than the normal mild cramps I get that come and go. I haven't noticed any blood since then. My husband and I did have sex yesterday morning. My first check up isn't until 9 weeks and I just need some peace of mind until then.
sarahinez15

Re: Spotting

Postby erin860 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:38 am

I replied to a post about spotting also so this may sound like the same response but I had spotting at 14 weeks with my first pregnancy. It only lasted for an evening and I went into the doctor the next day. They told me it was most likely from having had sex with my husband the day before. It scared me though because it was very red. Bleeding from time to time in your first trimester can be very normal. What do you need to be afraid of is heavy red bleeding with clots and strong cramps. I would definitely call your doctor if you haven't already but I would guess it's probably from the sex.
erin860

Return to First Trimester