Progesterone Levels

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Progesterone Levels

Postby lisbanales16 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:08 pm

Hello ladies,
I'm trying to find peace of mind. I've been checking my HCG and progesterone levels weekly (because of previous miscarriage). HCG level seems to be going up normal but the progesterone I'm a little concern about. I'm currently using Crinone vaginally and two weeks ago my level was 57, last week was 46 and now today is 35. Doctor doesn't seem concern as long as is not lower than 20 but I am concern since it seems like it's dropping and all I read about dropping progesterone levels means miscarriage?

Do any of you know more about this? I just need more information

Thank you!
lisbanales16
Friend

Re: Progesterone Levels

Postby erin860 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:53 am

Hi I don't know too much about progesterone levels other than that there can be a wide range of normal. I think the fact that your hcg levels are doubling is more important for determining a healthy pregnancy. I always try to trust my doctors but sometimes you have to be your own advocate too. If they don't seem worried I wouldn't be but I think I would still ask to have them re-checked just to make sure they don't go below the 20. I have read from other women about their levels and I think that I have seen lower numbers than 20 and they had healthy pregnancies. I had my beta drawn but they only told me my levels were doubling not my progesterone levels. Sorry I can't be more help but I didn't want to read and run.
erin860

Postby lisbanales16 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:45 am

Thank you so much Erin,

You have been very supportive. I called the nurse yesterday and doctor doubled my doses of progesterone to ease my mind. I feel better now! :D
lisbanales16
Friend

Postby erin860 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:59 pm

Yay, that's great. Some of the best advice I got from my doctor when I was pregnant with my daughter was to trust my maternal instinct. Glad you trusted yours and got your dosage doubled.
erin860

Return to First Trimester