Ramzi Theory for U/S?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Ramzi Theory for U/S?

Postby RubyRed17 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:00 am

To preface, I understand that this is a theory and not a diagnostic tool at all, I'm just curious as to anecdotal evidence!

The Ramzi theory says you can tell the sex of the baby by where it has attached in the uterus, as seen in the first u/s. Attached on the left side = girl, on the right = boy. Obviously, this is probably more due to the side you ovulate on, but this is the basic theory.

Has anyone had the Ramzi Theory accurately predict their baby's sex in a previous pregnancy? Or has it been completely wrong?

Just curious to hear your stories! I have felt the little pokes and pricks of implantation on my left side around 3-4 weeks, and the place I felt it is ever so slightly more swollen that the rest of my lower abdomen. I'm only 5 weeks 5 days today, this is just one of those fun things like the ring test and similar things.

Tell me your stories!
RubyRed17
Friend

Re: Ramzi Theory for U/S?

Postby erin860 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:31 pm

I have been very interested in the Ramzi theory even though we are choosing not to find out the sex of our baby. Just fun to think about. It's very confusing though because depending on the ultrasound that you have sometimes it can be a reversed image so in that case if it looks like the placenta and baby is on the right side it's actually on the left. I'm pretty convinced I'm having a girl but in my body the placenta is on the right side so is that boy? I'd love to hear more about it if someone is knowledgeable.
erin860

Re: Ramzi Theory for U/S?

Postby Sumia » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Ramzi and first heartbeat was correct in playing my first baby, a girl. She had a HB of 141 and was on the left and at 14 weeks they confirmed girl :) she was not shy about her bits lol. So now I'm pregnant again and we will see if it's right again.
BFP: 3/8/17
DD born 10/16/15
6/28/17 It's a BOY! Image
Sumia
Addicted
Addicted

Return to First Trimester