Are the new FRER not as sensitive anymore?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Are the new FRER not as sensitive anymore?

Postby Jessicanscott » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:41 am

I got my first true positive on a wondfo yesterday morning. I waited until today to see if my wondfo line was darker and then took a FRER. It was barely visible. So I took another one and the line is still barely there while the wondfo line is much easier to see. I'm 10/11 dpo so I know it's still early but it's nerve wracking not to see a good line.

Here's my FRER

Here's my wondfo (the top one was yesterday the bottom two are this morning with the same urine)

Me: Jessica (26)
DH: Mitchell (25)
Proudest mama ever of my precious boy, Simon Emmanuel 12/15/15- 6lb 13 oz, 20in.
Jessicanscott
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Are the new FRER not as sensitive anymore?

Postby erin860 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:49 pm

I don't know if the sensitivities are less with FRER. I would not think so though because the package says they can detect the hormone at 6. However when I was pregnant in October 2015 at 12 DPO my test line and control line were equaly dark. With my next pregnancy in December 2016 my test line was much much lighter. I continue testing to see the line get darker and it took a week for the test line and control line to be the same color. I am almost 19 weeks and everything's going fine with this pregnancy so far so I think just every pregnancy is different. I totally understand you wanting to see that nice dark line though. Hopefully in a day or two you'll get what you were looking for. By the way, that is how my test looked at 11 DPO.
erin860

Return to First Trimester