Migraines... help!

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Migraines... help!

Postby moominbaggins » Sat May 27, 2017 4:39 am

Hi ladies Iv just got my bfp but I'm a migraine sufferer and I'm still getting migraines. Paracetamols not even making a dent. Is there any other migraine sufferers out there with advice please. I had a major bad one because I tried not taking my sumatriptan and ended up having to take it anyway. I felt so guilty I don't want to hurt the bean. I had a chemical at 5 weeks I'd have been 12 weeks if I hadn't lost it, and I'm so paranoid that il lose this one too. Thank you
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Migraines... help!

Postby erin860 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:49 am

I'm so sorry. I've heard that pregnancy can actually make migraines worse. So I would check with your doctor. Your Obgyn can also give you a list of safe otc medications to take during pregnancy but I think the only pain relief one is Tylenol and that probably won't do much good. Sorry I can be more helpful but didn't want to read and run. Take care and congratulations on your pregnancy.
erin860

Postby moominbaggins » Sat May 27, 2017 5:03 am

Thank you Hun, it's the weekend here so will have to wait a couple of days before I can make an appointment just trying to drink plenty of fluids and resting. I'm pretty sure they will just say paracetamol but fingers crossed there's something they can give me to help xx
me 25
dh 34
dd 3

bfp october due july - please stick little one!
moominbaggins
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BreeAndJoe081415 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:04 pm

I've suffered migraines for 20 years. Try pairing the Tylenol with some sort of anti-histamine, like benadryl. They work really well together. Then lie down in a dark room or take a long shower. Unfortunately nothing works like sumatriptan, I know, but the tylenol/benadryl combo seems to help me alot.
TTC #1 since May 2015. Endometriosis. Chemical Pregnancy Dec 2015. Ectopic with rupture and loss of right tube May 2016. 3 failed clomid cycles. Suprise BFP May 2017 :)
BreeAndJoe081415
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to First Trimester