Morning sickness or food poisoning?

Congrats on on your pregnancy! Cramps, Morning Sickness, Food Adversions! Share your first trimester experiences here.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Morning sickness or food poisoning?

Postby Louna » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Hey! I haven't had my pregnancy confirmed yet as I only took a test yesterday and the day before, though both were a BFP, with yesterday's one slightly darker.

My first ever pregnancy was four years ago and ended in a miscarriage at 8-9 weeks (have been on BC since then until a couple months ago).

My first real symptom was painful, heavy boobs and then eventually some light cramping. Very similar to my first pregnancy except the cramping is much duller and more infrequent. No lethargy or anything which I attribute to an overhaul of my diet (I went vegan a month ago).

Now today, or should I say last night lol. I woke at around 2am with pains in my stomach and felt extremely nauseous. I got up and had a relatively normal BM, but the pain and nausea was still there. Fadt forward about 3-4 more trips of which turned into full on liquid poop ugh (sorry tmi). The final poop... omg... as soon as I reached the bathroom (I've been experiencing sulphur-like burps) I realised I was gonna barf and then as I was barfing it started coming out the other end. It wasn't pretty, but I felt instantly better (did I mention I lost about four pounds in the space of a few hours?!).

It has been a few hours and I haven't pooped or barfed since, but the nausea is back whenever I move and my dtomach is gurgly. I managed to down some toast and drank a litre of water (still drinking water just in case).

The only thing I can think of is that I ate undercooked chickpeas (ironically switched from canned beans cause BPA paranoia) even though I followed the directions (except I didn't replace the soaked chick-pea water) and even boiled them for longer just in case.

I did start a pre-natal vitamin pretty much the second I got my first BFP which I've heard can cause some issues.

I can't see a doctor until tomorrow, but what do you guys think?
Louna

Re: Morning sickness or food poisoning?

Postby Louna » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:22 pm

I should note I am 4 weeks and 4 days according to my last AF
Louna

Return to First Trimester