Anyone else not finding out the gender?

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Did you find out the sex of your baby?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes : 14

Anyone else not finding out the gender?

Postby fivefeetoffun » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:10 pm

My husband and I have decided not to find out the sex of our baby. It'll be a very exciting surprise when it is born, but we are really pulling for a girl. I'm worried that I'll be a little bummed if we have a boy. I'm sure that as long as it is healthy I'll be super happy, but has anyone else ever gone through this before?

And as far as not finding out... have you looked through all the old wives tales or done any kind of prediction tests? Curious to see what others are doing!
fivefeetoffun
Friend

Postby acorns77 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 pm

we're not finding out either, also hoping for a girl but I can't imagine I'd ever be disappointed if it were a boy. you'll be so thrilled the baby is *here* it wont matter :)
Me-32, DP-31
7 failed IUI's
IVF #1 4/09 BFP -ended in M/C 5/09
IVF #2 BFP! two 5 day embies put back 8/15
9/11 6w4d saw strong heartbeat!

Baby girl born 4.21.10 7 lbs 2 oz 19 inches

acorns77
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby flipflop1117 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:45 pm

Not finding out, couldn't care less either way, and super excited to have this surprise on his/her birthday!
"And maybe that's what my scars really are...proof I've put myself back together." ~ Carrie Ryan
Jaxon Russel 3~15~10, Alexa Leigh 10~11~12
flipflop1117

Postby meg1492 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:30 pm

Team green here. Don't have a preference one way or the other and will just be excited finally meet my LO on that special day.
Dear Son born at 41w, delivered vaginally and med free after labor for a day and a half.

Image Image
meg1492
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Katie62831 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:13 pm

Believe me the day you baby is born it such a great day you wouldn't care you will just be so in love!
Katie62831
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BrandyJ. » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:50 am

Team green here! My gut says boy.. But we shall see!!
Me-38 DH-32 DD#1 (12), DD#2(3), DS (16 months/14 adjusted)
4 sweet angels
Formally known as "brandylovesal"
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker</span></div>
BrandyJ.
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby krzykt75 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:42 pm

We went 'Team Green' last time and loved it! I had a gut feeling he was a boy right from the beginning. We talked about finding out with this one, but I really don't want to know. It's nice to call family and say 'we had a ....'.

The gender prediction tests were right - that chinese calendar thing, and the ring test also said boy.

I haven't gotten any strong feelings on the sex of this one yet, so I'm going to predict girl, but I have a long wait before I find out!
Me: Jodi - 36
DH:44
DS:Jack Francis, 8/16/08
DS:George Wyatt 6/30/10

krzykt75
Addicted
Addicted

Old Wife's Tales

Postby fivefeetoffun » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Hi,
That's really interesting that the old wife's tales you did were right. I've found entire lists of them and so far they are coming out about 25% boy 75% girl. I ten to believe the Chinese Gender Calendar most. Those are saying boy if they don't convert my age to my lunar age, but the ones that do that are all saying girl. So I tend to believe that the ones with the conversion are more accurate.

I've also heard one ultrasound tech say that a lot of times during an ultrasound you can get an idea of the sex without even looking 'down there'. Many times little girls keep their hands up close to their faces and little boys keep their hands elsewhere... exploring from a very young age! So far our baby has always had the arms and hands up by the face or even crossed across the face.

I do love the idea of hearing the doctor say, "It's a..." or having my husband go out into the waiting room to get our families so I can see their reactions when they find out what we had. Hopefully it is all as wonderful as I imagine it! I'm sure it will be. Birth sure is a scary endeavor for me, but overall I think it will be a wonderful experience.
fivefeetoffun
Friend

Return to Second Trimester