Boy or Girl?

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Boy or Girl?

Boy
55%
Girl
45%

Total votes : 20

Re: Boy or Girl?

Postby Momma_Laura » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Natalie1605 wrote:

This pic is showing the placenta and the cord - to the left of where you have got your circle (up against the uterine wall) is the babies butt - so your not looking in the right place with that one momma!! ;) The long white line is the femur in the babies thigh - then it runs up to the butt and then the other leg out the other side.
Laura (me!) - 27
DH - 27 ~ my soulmate :)
DD - 3 ~ my everything :hb: BF'd for 19mnths :)
DS - 14th July 2010 ~ my little ray of sunshine :hb:

Momma_Laura
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma_Laura » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:17 pm

mamadru10 wrote:Now you ladies have me worried about my l/o's gender! I have had 2 sonograms... one at 19 weeks and was told its a boy by two different techs, then the peri said it was a boy at 23 weeks... can they for sure accuratly tell by then?

At 19 + weeks the chances of correctly identifying the babies gender are really really high. It's only really those early weeks 13-17 that things can get iffy. Especially as girls and boys all start out with a nub, once you hit those later weeks (especially 23!!!) it is pretty safe to say you are good to go momma :)
Laura (me!) - 27

Momma_Laura
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Natalie1605 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:39 pm

keirae wrote:
Natalie1605 wrote:

This pic is showing the placenta and the cord - to the left of where you have got your circle (up against the uterine wall) is the babies butt - so your not looking in the right place with that one momma!! ;) The long white line is the femur in the babies thigh - then it runs up to the butt and then the other leg out the other side.

On this shot, and I can't tell if you can see it since i put the yellow on here...she pointed to the dark spot above and said that was the bladder and then pointed to boy parts and labeled it brother for the girls. I so wish I could get my DVD online somehow. It is nice because you can see what she is pointing at and then she labels it. I agree though compared to my other pics it looks like the cord and I even wondered about the orientation. I know my LO was being a bit stubborn and the first shot we had the legs were crossed. I just don't know...at this point I figure it could go either way. My family is never free of drama so why should i think this pregnancy would be any different? My husband says I am being psychotic about it so I'm not saying anything about it but I am CONSTANTLY thinking about it. I haven't really told anyone but him about my extreme doubts now. I think now that I am going to not let the ultrasound tech know we have been told gender on Tuesday. Either that or we will tell her that we were told but we are questioning it and want her opinion. I don't want to sway a techs opinion because of what someone else says. If she does say boy then if the pics aren't better then I'm going to pay to get another ultrasound. Ughhhh...the agony!!! :lol:
Natalie-35, Jimmy-42
Image Image
Natalie1605
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby daniellepg4 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:47 pm

keirae wrote:
Natalie1605 wrote:

I also agree with laura.. the thing u have circled is not baby's butt shot.. and im also gonna agree with Amy that it looks like a little girl with those 3 lines, but im no expert! i cant wait to see how this one pans out and i wishing u all the luck that its a boy so you dont have to exchange ur boy stuff for pink stuff xx
Danielle-24. Ben-26...Jayden- 3 oct 04- step son..Kyrah- 25 jan 06- csection..Shaylee- 14 feb 08- VBAC..
Chelsea born naturally 11th july 2010
7lb1oz 48.5cm long @ 10:55pm
daniellepg4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Momma_Laura » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Natalie1605 wrote:
keirae wrote:
Natalie1605 wrote:

On this shot, and I can't tell if you can see it since i put the yellow on here...she pointed to the dark spot above and said that was the bladder and then pointed to boy parts and labeled it brother for the girls. I so wish I could get my DVD online somehow. It is nice because you can see what she is pointing at and then she labels it. I agree though compared to my other pics it looks like the cord and I even wondered about the orientation. I know my LO was being a bit stubborn and the first shot we had the legs were crossed. I just don't know...at this point I figure it could go either way. My family is never free of drama so why should i think this pregnancy would be any different? My husband says I am being psychotic about it so I'm not saying anything about it but I am CONSTANTLY thinking about it. I haven't really told anyone but him about my extreme doubts now. I think now that I am going to not let the ultrasound tech know we have been told gender on Tuesday. Either that or we will tell her that we were told but we are questioning it and want her opinion. I don't want to sway a techs opinion because of what someone else says. If she does say boy then if the pics aren't better then I'm going to pay to get another ultrasound. Ughhhh...the agony!!! :lol:

I'm so confused!! lol - all I know is that the circle that you have on there is not circling any type of gender at all - it shows the cord attached to the placenta. To the left of that circle is where the little nub is that is the "boy" parts. I can see that, but I still think it's a girl nub ;)
Laura (me!) - 27

Momma_Laura
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby b0nita » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Wow oh wow. This one is hard. If you look up other boy U/S at 16w you can clearly see a penis. with your pictures- it's just that somethings off. A, it could be the way the picture was taken or B it's a girl.

I'am 50/50 on this. I mean it's a good chance it's a boy, it's just got a clear shot. And usually boys gender is much easier to spot then a girl ( so my OB Says).

I so would get this confirmed. Perhaps a 3D u/s?
DS 7 DD 4
b0nita
Star Member
Star Member

Postby b0nita » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:35 pm

http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/54725.aspx

They talk about boy's also having 3 lines.
DS 7 DD 4
b0nita
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Natalie1605 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:49 am

So I am now wondering if I "Remembered" wrong what the tech was showing me in my third pic. Until I watched the DVD again and saw her pointing to that area where the cord is I was looking to the left. Then I remembered when I had the ultrasound her pointing out the bladder. On the DVD she points to the bladder, points to the cord then immediately adds the label "brother" However, maybe I just don't remember and she was just showing us the bladder and cord since we had already done several pics labeling boy as the gender. This was a last minute deal for the girls. WEll now i just looked at the pic and that doesn't make sense...that couldn't be the bladder....was our tech on crack????

To me this is the only pic that is worth evaluating much at this point. She had to go at a really far off angle to get it because the baby's legs were
crossed.
I definitely see lines, but I also see the third line longer which would be indicative of a boy possibly. On that other pic I have with the nub it is almost like I see five lines which makes my head spin because somewhere on in-gender I saw something about how they like to see five lines for a girl. I am assuming that is a line by each leg and three in the middle .

This waiting really is killing me. I was hoping CharlieCat on ingender would post on mine but so far she hasn't. :-( Not that I don't trust all of us, but I am sooooo curious what a trained eye would see. YOu know I just thought of something....a girl I knew in high school is an OB trained in Ultrasound and she is on my facebook...I should send her the pic!!!! I may have to try and do that!!
Natalie-35, Jimmy-42
Image Image
Natalie1605
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Updated: Boy or Girl??

Postby Natalie1605 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:26 am

Ok, so I watched my ultrasound DVD and paused it at what I feel is pretty good potty shot. I don't know how this could be a girl, but I would LOVE opinions. ;-)

Natalie-35, Jimmy-42
Image Image
Natalie1605
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby daniellepg4 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:26 am

arrgghh im on the fence now!.. i really dont know.. cant wait to see what the next u/s reveals :)
Danielle-24. Ben-26...Jayden- 3 oct 04- step son..Kyrah- 25 jan 06- csection..Shaylee- 14 feb 08- VBAC..
Chelsea born naturally 11th july 2010
7lb1oz 48.5cm long @ 10:55pm
daniellepg4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Natalie1605 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:48 am

:lol: WE needed something to obsess over since pee sticks and TWW symptoms are gone. ;-) I will definitely be one anxious girl for that ultrasound tomorrow. I will probably be like, "SO WHAT IS IT???!!!!!" :lol:
Natalie-35, Jimmy-42
Image Image
Natalie1605
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Carnelian » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:58 pm

I still think boy. I'd be surprised if it's a girl but I'm no tech :lol:

Looking forward to hearing your update though!!

:D
LIAM EDWIN born 24 June 2008 at 33 weeks !!
BFP from FET #1 on 21 Dec 09. Beta 275/703
[img]
[url=http://lilypie.com]Image

Carnelian
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Natalie1605 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Just an update...we are definitely havin a boy. We have a new pic and no mistaking it this time. ;-)
Natalie-35, Jimmy-42
Image Image
Natalie1605
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Second Trimester