Boy names are hard!

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Boy names are hard!

Postby AilaLynn » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:04 am

Oh goodness! Tell me about it! I felt like it was so much easier to come up with girl names for my DD, who is now 4. I had a long list for her. With this one my hubby and I were getting aggitated because we kept drawing a blank! We finally decided upon a name though. We both LOVE history and historical people. So, we came up with Balian Alexander. We tend to like having 1 unique name and 1 normal name, or normal enough. That way the children can choose which name they want to go by as they get older.
We liked Balian because he was an awesome person and had a part in ending the crusades in the 12th century. We chose Alexander because 1. it was the only name we felt had a nice ring with the fist name. 2. it is another historical name -think alexader the great-. and 3. a few nicknames can come from it like alex and xander. So, we figured it would be nice.
I know it is probably cheesy that we like history and science and educatinal stuff so much that we name our kids after them. But at least this time we didn't name him after a star wars movie like we did our daighter lol. We named her Leia Michelle, and omg, let me tell you she certainly fits her name! Yikes! Hard headed, very independant, stubborn, and acts like a spoiled princess! LOL
I hope at least Balian will be somewhat like his namestakes and be regal/noble for attitude and helpful to others. lol.
I am excited and cannot wait to meet my little boy! I am halfway through now lol.
AilaLynn

Postby heatherfeather » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:57 pm

I have a son named Hunter Ryan and if this one had been another boy we would have gone with Chase William :D
Heather(31) and Ryan(34)
Hunter Ryan Bartholomew 3/11/2009
BFP 6/28/2012
Official Due Date 3/10/2013
9/24- 16 week appt-ITS A GIRL!!!
SCHEDULED C-SECTION: 3/4/2013
heatherfeather
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Vinerunner » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:12 am

I like a lot of the names mentioned here. Everytime I come up with a Boy's name DH says no and vice versa. If we have a boy we are in trouble! :D
Me-38 DH-37
Aug 2008-Began TTC
DD- Eva; 20 Mar 2013; 6lbs 10 oz
Mar 2014-TTC again
BFP-4 Sep 14!
It's a BOY!!!!
Vinerunner
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kindofagirl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:57 pm

I don't know the sex of my baby yet but I love the name Oliver :)

I have a son already and he is called Elliot xx
kindofagirl
Angel
Angel

Postby jessesgirl678 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Boy names are so tough! At the moment our number one pic is Beckett and number two pic is Dylan. The first name will be William, but we will call him by his middle. We find out on 11/17 what we are having.
jessesgirl678
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jennellis » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:53 pm

I have two boys, not sure what this one is yet but I think its a girl and DH and I cant agree on hardly any names
my boys are Troy Justice and Searcy Cole both have family names and I feel like we have used all the good ones...

I like for a girl: Hadley, Joilea, Analea,Jesse--- But Im not set on anything and dont have middle names picked out at all

Boy: Bishop, Reece...no clue Im all out of boys names HA
jennellis
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby haroon » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:40 am

boy names are hard to find rite know m searching for my baby boy name and m confused what to pic..
haroon

Postby Sarbear819 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:24 am

Ugh...we are having this same issue! We've got a list of 4-5 girls names, but boys' names are so hard! My husband is set on Andrew, but we would call him Drew. This is after his best friend who passed away several years ago. I love the sentiment and would love to honor his buddy, but I prefer honoring people with middle names. I prefer to give the baby his own first name that just belongs to him. Part of me is hoping for a girl so that we won't have to decide!

I LOVE the names you all are picking! Especially Archer, Asher, and Zane! Great picks, ladies! :)
Sarbear819
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby litmajor » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Sarbear- that's what we do too. DD has her own first name and a family middle name. Same will go for this little boy, we will give him DH's brother's name as middle and his own first.
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Whig » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:21 pm

These were on my list... thankfully we are having another girl (which we actually had a tough time with too, but not nearly as tough as a boy!)

-Christian
-Milo (LOVE this one)
-Isaiah
-Bennett
-Jonathon
-Caiden
-Cayson
-Odin

All of these were turned down by DH... so again, luckily we are having a girl :)

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Previous

Return to Second Trimester