Hair loss?

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Hair loss?

Postby niclet » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:20 pm

I have a question ladies. I may be wrong...but I really thought that I stopped losing my hair while preggers w DD. I can not remember when, but I really thought all of my hair had stopped falling out until after she was born.

I am 15 weeks with baby 2. I am NOT losing huge amounts of hair, but the normal amount we always lost pre pregnancy is still coming out each day when I wash in the shower.

My question...should I be concerend? Is it still too soon for it to stop falling out or need I discuss this w my doctor?

I have hypothyroid but it is treated. I mentioned it to my endocrinologists and he was not concerned at all.

Are you guys still seeing some hairs falling out, if not, when did it stop for you...how many weeks along?
My DD at 11 weeks 3 Days. I love this US pic!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
niclet
Angel
Angel

Re: Hair loss?

Postby babyhue » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:10 am

I had TONS fall out after I had my son. It slowed down after a year, and since then I haven't lost a strand. Until pregnant this time. Now I noticed a few more when showering, which I wasn't losing before my BFP...

I am not concerned. Part of the process.
ImageImage

Image[/url]

babyhue
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katiebell » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:01 am

My baby is a year old now and I am still experiencing hair loss even after a year of giving birth. I consulted with my doctor and she has prescribed some vitamins for my hair. Meanwhile I also make use of keratin hair extensions to hide the hair loss. You could also try this out and share your experience.
katiebell

Postby Ashley E » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:26 am

No, it's not too soon. The vitamins and extra hormones actually keep your hair in longer when you're pregnant. I just read about this because I kept getting so many compliments on my hair I was like "whaaaaat??" ...so I researched it. While your pregnant your hair gets thicker because all the hormones prevent it from falling out.

You're fine, and enjoy it =)

7/12/2013- Surprise BFP :)
EDD March 21st, 2014 *stick, stick, stick*

It's a girl!!! Addy Scout Egerdahl <3

*Two angels in Heaven*
2/7/13 ~11 weeks
5/6/13 ~ 6 weeks
Ashley E
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TurtleMomma » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:43 pm

First niclet I have to say that I love your attached u/s picture and the phrase you have posted on it.
I went through the same worry process. I ended up cutting my hair dramatically to donate it to locks of love and since then it doesn't fall out as much, but I definitely have more come out than expected. My hairdresser said that it could be exterior mother nature overruling our internal mother nature. Because of the change in season we might still be shedding some of our thinner hair to make room for thicker strands. The longer your hair the more will fall.

I would just make sure you're getting plenty of vitamins and minerals in your diet, drinking plenty of water, and your hair should start to thickin up soon. :)
Me - 33
DH - 34
Married - 5/5/2012
TTC - 5/2013

1 Angel baby, MC 6/11/2013
1 Turtle Kid, BFP 8/29/2013

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
TurtleMomma
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby same_true_taurus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:57 am

Not related to pregnancy but hair loss in general....in my area of the country, most of the people here are Vitamin D deficient due to the climate. This will cause hair loss and I experienced it myself before getting preg and again when I stopped taking the 2000 units per day when I got preg.
It has recently stopped falling out an i just went into third tri.
Me (Joan): 34
DH: 34
DS1: age 11yrs (unplanned but wonderful surprise)
DS2: age 19 months (after ttc for 2 years)
Now expecting baby #3....surprise!
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Second Trimester