Cord Blood DONATION

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Cord Blood DONATION

Postby sillycar » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 am

Hey, ladies-

I am sure all of you have heard a ton about cord blood banking by this point in our pregnancies. However, it is very expensive and not an option for everyone. As much as I would love to bank our cord blood, it's not something that we are going to do-- it seems to run about $5k.

However, my doctor's office informed me about cord blood DONATION. In Connecticut where I am, I was directed to the Kasey Rose Foundation but there are many similar organizations in other states. Most women don't realize that there are a public banks- much like blood banks. If there is a sick child in need of cord blood, your cord blood may be a match and save that child's life. It does not cost you anything to donate your cord blood. However, you may want to check with your doctor and see if they charge anything for the collection. My doctor's office will not charge for cord blood collection for donation purposes but all practices are different.

For me, it was a no brainer to donate my cord blood if it may save a child out there who is ill. I have been a long time "Partner in Hope" with St Jude's Hospital and have seen the incredible advancements in children's medicine. I think about it this way- if I am not going to bank my own cord blood, it wasn't even a consideration for me to opt to donate it rather than have it discarded.

Karma is an incredible thing and I would love to think that if my family were ever in need, someone else out there may have donated. So, I just wanted to share this option with everyone that you may not even be aware of.

WE MUST REGISTER BY WEEK 32!! PAPERWORK MUST BE RECEIVED BY WEEK 34!!

For more information on cord blood donation and to get the registration paperwork, please follow the link below:
https://cordforlife.lifeforcecryobanks. ... ments.html

Enrollment Paperwork:
https://cordforlife.lifeforcecryobanks. ... llment.pdf

Thanks for the time and consideration!!
sillycar
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Second Trimester