Scared to have sex! Am I the only one??

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Scared to have sex! Am I the only one??

Postby Preggersatlast » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi Ladies,

I need to some reassurance over here... I am currently 17.5 weeks pregnant with my sweet baby girl! This is my first pregnancy however, I did have two chemical pregnancies before being successful with this one. So far, everything has been wonderful, no spotting, no pains and all our ultrasounds have showed a perfectly healthy baby.

Here's the catch, I'm scared to death to have sex with my sweet husband. Am I insane? My dr says that I am perfectly healthy for sex and while DH is being understanding of my fear, I can tell that he is starting to get inpatient.

I need to know... Do most pregnant women carry on with a normal sex life? My dr. says yes and so does all the baby books, but I need to hear it from you guys! Did anyone have any bleeding or scares after sex? And, please forgive me, but are you orgasming during sex?

Thank you so much!!!
Me: 30
DH: 29
DD: Born March 2014: It took us 3 years and 2 IVFs among other fertility treatments to conceive her!
Baby #2 expected September 2015: complete surprise!!! Everything's looking great! Baby is right on track HR: 169- Lost our precious boy at 18 weeks.
October 2015: Pregnant Again!!!
Preggersatlast
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Scared to have sex! Am I the only one??

Postby CH-UK » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:09 am

Hi

I'm also 17+4 with our first baby... A girl! Congratulations to you.

It is perfectly normal to have sex during pregnancy providing all is well which is clearly is with you. My DH and I have been having sex but just not as often as before.

I'm not worried about it at all but DH finds it a little weird since seeing our baby for the first time at the 12 week US and then subsequently finding out the gender. I keep telling him that it doesn't affect/ harm the baby in any way but he just feels odd about 'doing it' with his baby inside of me..,men!

Have sex and enjoy it! I'm sure everything will be just fine.
CH-UK
Star Member
Star Member

Postby ceebeebee » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:10 am

I was scared to death too, and wanted to wait till after the 12 week scan, just to be sure that i wasn`t going to do any harm (i know in healthy pregnancies it wont but this was my thinking). Well in the end i was 14 weeks when we did the deed, and all was ok, a bit awkward and slow but no spotting and no pain. We only have been doing it once a week, and it is still slow and cautious, but all is fine. I think go with what makes you comfortable, and take things slowly. I did find that in the first tri i just ddin`t feel sexy or interested, but now i feel better i do : )
Me: 35, DH: 36, DS: 15months
TTC #1: 10months BFP 1: 8th August 2013
DS born by CS on 12/04/2014 (6lb1.5)
TTC#2: 6 months BFP 2 : 16th July 2015
DS born by induction/forceps on 30/03/2016 (7lb9)
ceebeebee
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Ashley E » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:26 am

Don't worry, it is perfectly safe =) And sex is much better when you're pregnant for most people, for you because you're more sensitive, and for your partner because everything gets tighter. So enjoy :)

7/12/2013- Surprise BFP :)
EDD March 21st, 2014 *stick, stick, stick*

It's a girl!!! Addy Scout Egerdahl <3

*Two angels in Heaven*
2/7/13 ~11 weeks
5/6/13 ~ 6 weeks
Ashley E
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Preggersatlast » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:51 pm

Y'all are the best! Thank you!
Me: 30
DH: 29
DD: Born March 2014: It took us 3 years and 2 IVFs among other fertility treatments to conceive her!
Baby #2 expected September 2015: complete surprise!!! Everything's looking great! Baby is right on track HR: 169- Lost our precious boy at 18 weeks.
October 2015: Pregnant Again!!!
Preggersatlast
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Second Trimester