VBAC anyone?

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

VBAC anyone?

Postby lovebug84 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:17 am

I had a completely natural labor and delivery with DS, and then with DD, I was induced and then had a placental abruption and an emerency c section . That was 7 years ago. I want to do a vbac or I guess my husband who is anti healthcare in this country wants it natural. I really prefered my recovery with the c section but whatever...

Anyone have any suggestions with the VBAC...? Thanks
Me:29 DH:43
TTC#3 for me #1 for him.
Cycle #2 :bfp: September 5th, 2013.
Beta#1: 6
Beta #2: 50
Beta #3: 585
Beta #4: 3589
Beta #5: 18853 (6w2d)
Beta #6: 30272 (6w4d)
U/S 9/27 HB 110 everything looked normal.

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lovebug84
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: VBAC anyone?

Postby sarahmarie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Your C-section was 7 years ago, so I am sure that the risk of uterine rupture with a VBAC is extremely low for you as your C-section scar has had a lot of time to heal. Risk factors also depend upon the direction of the incision. If you had a vertical cut it puts you at a higher risk than if you had a horizontal incision. Hope that helps you to make the decision that is right for you. To have a successful VBAC you have to be very motivated, your healthcare provider no matter how supportive they may seem will most likely steer you towards a repeat c-section any chance they get just because it is easier on them and they are highly regulated on their outcomes. I went 1 week overdue with DD2 and they made me go in every day for a non fetal stress test and after every single one he took me in the office and asked if I wanted to schedule a c-section. The only reason I had a VBAC is because I went out of my way to make it happen and to stay informed on the real facts, if I was weak or uneducated my chance for a vaginal birth would have been over at 39 weeks when the pressure started.

sarahmarie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: VBAC anyone?

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:26 am

i had 2 VBACS and my 2nd one was wonderful, natural, no tearing no stitches and no interventions very fast labors and with 2 vag births behind you your vbac has a rate of being 90% successful!

me:26 OH: 29
DS born: 42w1d 14.05.09 DD born 42w1d 15.04.11 DS 2 40w4d 27.10.13
Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Second Trimester