Menstrual-Like Cramps

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Menstrual-Like Cramps

Postby mrsm44 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Is anyone else experiencing menstrual-like cramps? I am almost 16 weeks...and I've been feeling them on and off since the time I was due for my period (but was pregnant). I hope this is normal.

November 6th, 2014- NIPT results; decreased risk (1 in 13,000), and It's a Girl!!
mrsm44
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Menstrual-Like Cramps

Postby lydsh3 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:49 pm

I don't know if I have really felt anything quite menstrual-like, but I have had all sorts of strange aches and pains in the past week or two. I have the occasional thing I think might be Braxton-Hicks, where my tummy feels really tight, especially if I'm laying on my back. It doesn't hurt exactly, but it's not comfortable, either. And this past week I've had pretty strong pain along my bikini line that lasts maybe 45 minutes and makes it difficult for me to walk upright. Even though I thought it was probably round ligament pain, I decided to call and just make sure it's normal. I am not a person who normally calls the doctor all the time, but sometimes peace of mind is worth it. They confirmed it was probably round ligament pain and suggested tylenol and maybe a blanket warmed in the dryer. And other times the middle of my lower belly seems to ache. So I don't know what yours is. Does it come and go? Where is the pain exactly? You might want to call your midwife/OB just to get peace of mind that it's normal, but it seems to me that aches and pains are a part of this gig!
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby maygirl » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:27 pm

Hey, I had all sorts of cramping and things and still do sometimes (I'm 23 weeks). Unless they are accompanied by bleeding then it shouldn't be anything to worry about. It's just your womb and ligaments stretching as the baby grows. It can sometimes be a sign of a urinary infection though so make sure you're drinking lots of water/cranberry juice. If you're still really worried then give your m/w a call. Hope all goes well :)
maygirl
Friend

Postby mrsm44 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Thanks, ladies! My mom said it was probably just my uterus stretching, and I haven't spotted at all during this pregnancy. So, I'm not freaked out or anything.

November 6th, 2014- NIPT results; decreased risk (1 in 13,000), and It's a Girl!!
mrsm44
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Second Trimester