Yeast Infection?

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Yeast Infection?

Postby MrsPih1024 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:41 am

I have been sick with a cough for over 2 months now. They thought it was pregnancy induced asthma and then another doc thought bronchitis, so 9 days ago, I started a 10 day course of Amoxicillian.

On Friday night, I started with vaginal itching. On Sat morning, I woke up with a rash on my stomach, chest, shoulders, etc.

I think, that maybe, possibly I have a yeast infection? I've only had one before in my life (thank God).
I don't have any weird discharge. No odor. I just have an itch. Mostly around my clitoris. And it's definitely looking red and irritated.
Oh and this weird symptom-- it feels like I'm having muscle spasm in my urethra?
Geez.

Midwife said I can use monistat, but is it a yeast infection if I don't have the discharge? Or, could this just be part of that rash I have on my stomach, chest, ,etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!
MrsPih1024

Re: Yeast Infection?

Postby MrsJenkins » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Sounds like yeast to me. To be safe though your doctor can do a quick swab and test it for you with results in a couple of days (depending on the lab services in your area). I'd suggest high dosing on a good quality probiotic (like Flora Super Adult Probiotic) any time you are on antibiotics to help regain the "good" bacteria in your gut which gets killed off through antibiotic usage, and results in yeast infections. In the meantime try the external itch cream. Good luck!
Tomos Jenkins born Feb 8 2014
Huge fan of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
MrsJenkins
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby mrsm44 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:10 pm

You're not allergic to Amoxicillin are you? I am, and I know different people have different reactions when allergic to things. I can't remember if I get a rash or not, because it's been a while, but I'm allergic to amoxicillin and penicillin, and my throat closes.

November 6th, 2014- NIPT results; decreased risk (1 in 13,000), and It's a Girl!!
mrsm44
Star Member
Star Member

Postby vswright34 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:30 am

Monistat has a test kit that you can try. I haven't used it but some of my friends have. But if it turns a certain color it means yeast infection plus there are other things I believe it checks for. Go to a drug store and grab one of those. Will save you time and money on going to get it checked by the dr and you will find out right away. If you feel uneasy about it then definitely go to the Dr.

Once you rule out yeast infection you should think maybe you had an allergic reaction.

Hope that helps!!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby MrsPih1024 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks Ladies.
I did get a rash from the Amox. on my chest, which went away. It wasn't itchy at all.

I ended up running to the drug store on Monday night at 11:30 pm b/c the anti-itch from vagisil wasn't working and my housh was on fire!

As soon as I used the monistat cream, I felt better and the next day no more itching at all.
MrsPih1024

Return to Second Trimester