NT scan and gender

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

NT scan and gender

Postby JennMarie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi ladies! I'm very excited to have finally made it to my second trimester! Whew! :)

I went in for my NT scan today and the tech was very experienced and had up-to-date equipment. They saw that all organs are looking great, and we could even see the 4 chambered heart just beating away. We counted 10 fingers and 10 toes on all limbs, which was fun for my kiddos. She also got a great look between the legs and showed me 3 lines - girl :) She got a few other angles too in which she said that she is pretty certain baby is a girl. She said that in her 29 years of doing ultrasounds she has never been wrong in determining gender at 20 weeks... however, she said she has been wrong a few times at 13 weeks. So my question is - have any of you been told at your NT scan what you are having? If so, how accurate were their guesses? Accuracy of boy versus girl?

I won't be buying any pink until we know for sure, I'm just curious about other experiences! Thanks!!
Me-34
DH-40

JennMarie
Star Member
Star Member

Re: NT scan and gender

Postby Whig » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:43 am

We were told at 15 weeks that we were most likely having a girl, but the tech was only willing to say 85% sure. She was right, but didnt want to call it official that early. I'd say you can probably go with it being a girl but I would maybe wait to buy a ton of girl stuff until you know for sure!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby JennMarie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:28 am

Thanks Whig! We haven't told our kids yet because we know one will be very disappointed... so we are waiting until we know for 99% sure! But I just fear thinking of baby as a she and then feeling really bad if it turns into a he. I hate referring to baby as "baby" though and can't wait until we can give this little one an identity! :)
Me-34
DH-40

JennMarie
Star Member
Star Member

Postby BellaM » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:39 pm

A woman in my DDC with DD1 was told she was having a boy at her NT scan but her 20wk scan showed a girl. She had a girl. I'd be holding out on buying things or telling anyone until its confirmed :D
DS1 - 12yo
DS2 - 10yo
DS3 - 4yo
DD1 - 2yo
DD2 - 1yo
BellaM
Angel
Angel

Postby JennMarie » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Oh man, that is terrible. That is what scares me about calling baby a "her" so soon. I hate not knowing who this little person is, but I think I would have a really hard time accepting a boy if I get totally wrapped up in thinking it's a girl! Right now I'm just trying to be patient... but it didn't stop hubby and I from seriously thinking about girl names :) So I guess on the plus side, if it is a girl, I know what we will call her!

On another note: Those who know about the "angle of the dangle" theory - is that white line the nub I am looking for, or is that the pelvic bone? Any thoughts on it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Me-34
DH-40

JennMarie
Star Member
Star Member

Postby rainbowbaby » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:01 am

I'm leaning girl
Lurking until I have a home :)
rainbowbaby
StickyDuster
StickyDuster