Mood swings like it's nobody's business

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Mood swings like it's nobody's business

Postby LeeAnnS » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:53 am

I am turning into a monster. Who the hell am I? I hate blaming these outbursts and moid swings on pregnancy hormones but is there realy truth to it?
I wasn't like this with my first pregnancy at all, so why now?
DH, DD and I went for an all day outing yesterday and came home around 8pm. My brother was out drinking with a friend and wanted to cime have a night cap by DH when he was done at the bar. He only rocked up at our house at around 10pm. I am so tempted to go to my brothers house and give him a good piece of my mind (I eventually went to bed and DH waited up for him). But to be honest I don't know who to be more upset with; my brother or DH and here is why:
Brother - he is single and just can't get it into his peanut sized brain that dh is married with kids and can't go out and act like he is single. He has this nasty habit of just pitching up at our house whenever without letting us know. If dh and I ate watching something on tv, my brother with plonk his ass on the sofa and watch tv for hours without saying a word (this happens alot at night), it feels like he just comes over to watch tv. He also comes and visits late at night which is realy inappropriate.
DH - can't put his foot down and tell my brother (or any if his friends for that matter) that some of the times they rick up at our house is not appropriate. We had a fantastic day out and i had other plans for dh and i but he had to work a visit in for my brother. He loves doing that. Spoiling an awesome day just to end it off having to see his friends before the night is officially over. I feel he should have told my brother he could over the next day because its late and we've had a long day out. He never let's my brither know that some of the things he does is not okay but won't let me sort it because i must just let it go.

Im at the point of losing it. It's almost 10am and DH is still asleep due to him only getting in bed after midnight. We had plans to go do last minute christmad shopping before the mall it gets to crowded and now its to late. I spent about an hour in the bath this morning crying my eyes out because my hands are cut off. I wish dh would grow a pair and set boundaries for the single people in his life. I did with my single friends and they respect that.

Sorry for the long vent but I've got a rollercoaster of emotions going through me today. I just needed to get it off my chest before i explode.

Is anyone else's fuse cut to short lately or is it just me?
LeeAnnS
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Mood swings like it's nobody's business

Postby Ashtonsmom » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:22 am

No there's nothing wrong with feeling that way. I know exactly what you mean about not being and feeling this way with your other pregnancy because i am the same. I was so happy go lucky when I was pregnant with my son, this time I am a grumpasaurus and EVERYTHING gets on my nerves!! I do not like to blame it on the pregnancy hormones either, but I think they have alot to do with it. Also I think being a tadbit older than last time does too. I will be 30 by the time I have my baby, I was 26 with no children while pregnant with my son. Taking care of other children especially toddlers are a handful while working when pregnant. It takes a toll on your mind and body.

You guys were out all day and that was probably physically stressful because I hate going out because I get winded and sleepy so quickly, it further irritates me. As far as your brother, he is being inconsiderate and if your DH is not going to tell him, I think you should after all its YOUR brother. I wouldn't be mean and nasty about it, but i'd let him know just like you let your "single" friends know there's a time and place for certain things when you are married and have a family. It's a part of life, things don't stay the same forever and if your brother cannot respect that then I would not allow him to come over at all. It's very hard having single friends when you are in a relationship let alone married because they don't understand nor really care to because they kind of have a selfish mentality. I know I once was single with no children and it was all about me.

Hopefully he will understand to at least be a little bit more considerate of your time and your alone time with your DH. Good luck!
DS1: 5
DS2: 1
DP: 32
ME: 31
It's a GIRL!!
20wk 5d :hb: 153bpm
Ryland Alyse due Nov 12.15

Ashtonsmom
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mexicanchick718 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:11 am

I used to have a small filter and now I just dont have one. I get heated very fast, although I have really tired to just let things go since its bad for the baby to be stressed. I simply just says whatever is on my mind and walk away. Oh and the bursting into tears randomly. Yup. I usually never cry and anything will make me cry.

Maybe you just need to step and say something. I am the Queen of my house and NO ONE tells me how to run my ship. Ok well maybe DH does a little but like I said I'm the Queen. Friends of DH that I dont like wont even drive by my house since Ive told them they are not welcome for their own specific reasons.
Me: 26 DH: 28
BFP#1 5/28/2013
:angel: @ 9 wks on 7/11/2013
BFP#2 9/23/2013

ImageImage
mexicanchick718
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lydsh3 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:45 pm

I am feeling like I'm much more emotional and moody lately, too. This is my first baby, so I have nothing to compare it to. But I'm not really one to cry a lot, and now even happy things are making me well up all the time. It's sort of like that time of the month for me--I know that's why I'm more sensitive, but it doesn't help it feel less real. It's odd to me that I feel this hormonal now, and I didn't really at the beginning of the pregnancy, and it makes me wonder what will happen in the next 3 months!

As far as your brother, I would also encourage you to be assertive. If you don't communicate, he has no way of fixing the problem. And compromise is always good--it doesn't hurt to let them know that you want them to have a good relationship and there are times they can still do that, but not all the time. He might not be thinking about your perspective since he's single and has never really been there. Hopefully you and dh can find a tactful way to communicate about that--it can be tricky!
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby LeeAnnS » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:17 am

Thanx for all the reassuring replues. I feel much better and am so glad it's not just me.
I haven't had an oppertunity to talk to my brother yet but Im hoping Ill get a chance this week. DH goes back to work tomorrow so Ill be home alone and think i should schedule a visit with my brother then.
Hold thumbs it all works out. Ive cooled down alot this week and feel i can talk to him calmly now.
LeeAnnS
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Second Trimester