Starvin Marvin...

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Starvin Marvin...

Postby Whig » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:16 pm

I'm just over 20 weeks and SOOO hungry ALL the time! I don't remember being this hungry with my first, but that was 3 years ago and apparently I've forgotten a lot in that time :)

I'm trying to eat healthy but sometimes it gets to the point where I just need to eat and I end up eating something not as healthy.. and then i beat myself up for not eating a salad or fruit or something like that... I do try really hard to balance out the good with the bad, but man... and THEN i start with the "well what if I gain more weight than I did last time, I'm going to be a cow, yada yada yada" and then I feel even worse for being hungry...

Please tell me I'm not the only one that this is happening with (more so the guilt rather the hunger. I know we are all hungry :) )

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Starvin Marvin...

Postby Beyond_Ready » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:12 pm

I hear ya loud & clear! I was doing okay until last week (I'm 22 weeks tomorrow) when all of the sudden I reverted back to starvation mode like in weeks 9-12. I've found a big lunch works wonders... after two breakfasts, of course.

Good luck!
Beyond_Ready
Friend

Postby SusanT » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:03 pm

Yup, same here. Started last week that I am constantly starving and cannot get enough food in me! It's hard to make healthy choices when all you want to do is just eat something. I understand the feeling of guilt too. I have borderline gestational diabetes so I have to constantly watch what I eat. I feel guilty when I eat something I shouldn't but reality is there are times you can't always eat right when you're starving! :)
Susan (36) Matt (37)

Expecting our first after TTC for 2.5 years!

9/16 - FET - transferred a 5 day 3AA embryo
9/20 - BFP on my birthday!

SusanT
Addicted
Addicted

Postby mexicanchick718 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:21 pm

I get hungry all the time now too but can only eat a little.
Me: 26 DH: 28
BFP#1 5/28/2013
:angel: @ 9 wks on 7/11/2013
BFP#2 9/23/2013

ImageImage
mexicanchick718
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Whig » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:03 am

I know! I'm learning (slowly) that eating slower and stopping when I'm full is better than pigging out, even though I WANT to pig out. I just eat til full, then try to save the rest of my food for the 30-40 minutes from that point that I'm hungry again... :-)

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Eva » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:46 am

Im getting to be this way. The portions im eating now are HUGE!
Eva(25)
Madison (6)
Natalie (5)
It's a boy!
Eva
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Second Trimester