Dizziness help?

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Dizziness help?

Postby Whig » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:41 am

21 weeks and having random bouts of dizziness and light-headedness. I thought maybe I was low on iron because the gummies I had been taking didnt have iron in them, but i've been on full iron prenatals for over a week and it seems the dizziness still isnt going away. I thought it was because I had been feeling much better but this morning I'm sitting here at work with that odd feeling of being lightheaded.
Any ideas on how to help when these moments come? I dont really have a place to lie down so that's not an option.

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Dizziness help?

Postby ceebeebee » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 am

I have had this from the start, and went to the docs twice as i was super dizzy and nearly fainted numerous times. I was tested for iron, and even tho i have been religious with my prenatal i was still low in iron. I decided rather than more pills i`d bump my dietary iron, so lots of green leafy veg, spinach and brocolli etc...and red meat. I found that after a few days i felt better. I do a big stir fry, with lots if greens as a great iron boosting dinner. I also notice i am more dizzy with growth spurts. I started writing down when i was dizzy and it totally coincided with when baby was growing.

Like pp. said it can also be BP, mine is super low at the mo (again adds to my dizzyness). This is considered normal at this point in preg, but if you go too low they will monitor you. But as pp. said, you are pumping a lot of blood around you and baby now.

If you feel dizzy, eat something, grab some water and sit down, stay there till you feel better. GL : )
Me: 35, DH: 36, DS: 15months
TTC #1: 10months BFP 1: 8th August 2013
DS born by CS on 12/04/2014 (6lb1.5)
TTC#2: 6 months BFP 2 : 16th July 2015
DS born by induction/forceps on 30/03/2016 (7lb9)
ceebeebee
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Whig » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:09 am

Thanks ladies. I did talk to my dr about it last week and she said I started my pregnancy with a good hemoglobin level (12.4) so she didnt think that was it. She said it was most likely just the increase in blood pumping through my body and things just taking more effort.... I dont know if I believe that but I'll see what happens. I know I got to a low iron level when pregnant with my daughter (9.4) so I know it's possible, even if I start out at a good level. I am trying to boost the iron-rich foods as well.

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby ceebeebee » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:50 am

I had a good iron level at start too, so don`t rely on that, mine dropped quite quickly and not by much, but it was enough for me to notice. hope you start to feel better soon
Me: 35, DH: 36, DS: 15months
TTC #1: 10months BFP 1: 8th August 2013
DS born by CS on 12/04/2014 (6lb1.5)
TTC#2: 6 months BFP 2 : 16th July 2015
DS born by induction/forceps on 30/03/2016 (7lb9)
ceebeebee
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Second Trimester