Elective Scan

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Elective Scan

Postby MommaR » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:21 am

Well... it's in 9... NINE days.

I'm as excited as I am nervous.

Thought I would share lol since it's all I can think about.

I've been thinking about nursery themes. For girl it will be like walking in to a girlie/pink room. Like everything ruffles and over the top girl stuff.
For a boy I'm thinking baby whale themed.
Me: 30
DH: 28
DS 1: 5
DS 2: 3
Angel Baby: August 31, 2013 (6 weeks)
BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD July 8, 2014!
Beta: 49.2 (12 dpo)
Beta: 143 (14 dpo)
Ultrasound November 11, 2013 - Saw baby and heartbeat (122)!
Ultrasound at 8 weeks 6 days heartbeat was 164!
H.b. at 13 weeks was 148!
Elective Ultrasound 16.2 weeks - IT'S A GIRL!!!
Ultrasound 18.6 weeks - STILL a girl!!!
Ultrasound 20 weeks - S.T.I.L.L. a girl!!! :)
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
MommaR
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Elective Scan

Postby mexicanchick718 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Yay girl!!! Have you tried any other crazy stuff to 'help' find out?? Haha.
Me: 26 DH: 28
BFP#1 5/28/2013
:angel: @ 9 wks on 7/11/2013
BFP#2 9/23/2013

ImageImage
mexicanchick718
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JennMarie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:14 pm

I'm excited for you to find out!! Do you have a feeling it is one or the other now, or is it still going back and forth? Do you feel any different from your first 2 pregnancies?
Me-34
DH-40

JennMarie
Star Member
Star Member

Postby SusanT » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Very excited for you! The day I found we were having a boy was one of the happiest days of my life! :)
Susan (36) Matt (37)

Expecting our first after TTC for 2.5 years!

9/16 - FET - transferred a 5 day 3AA embryo
9/20 - BFP on my birthday!

SusanT
Addicted
Addicted

Postby MommaR » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:43 am

Aww congrats on the baby boy!

Well, this pregnancy is different in a lot of ways but now it sort of feels the same. I didn't have headaches before. Also, my first clue at like 6 dpo was my bbs hurting... terrible. It felt like they were on fire. That continued until like LAST WEEK! That didn't happen before. My mom swears I'm "wider" this time lol but I'm not sure. My hips and lower back hurt a lot this time too... like they are already stretching out and I didn't feel that really before - especially this early.

My feeling on it still goes back and forth. One day girl... one day boy lol. Sometimes it even switches throughout the day! So yeah, I have no clue. But a deep inside of me part says girl. I'm trying to get excited just to know... and be excited for both genders you know? It's so hard though! I want pink in that darn house! lol

If it's a girl it will change a lot of things. That will be the last for us if it's a girl. Also, it will be pretty easy because we have a girl name picked (no boy name) and a nursery theme picked. lol I'll also get a whole shower since I haven't had a girl before and that's just what's going to happen LOL. But if it's a boy that's okay too :) I'm just excited to know so I can start planning.

We shall see! Oh my goodness 8 days left! Crazy! :)
MommaR
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Eva » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:45 am

How exciting! I cant wait to hear!
Eva(25)
Madison (6)
Natalie (5)
It's a boy!
Eva
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommaR » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 am

AHHH I'm going to go nuts waiting!!!! :)

I will update when I know :)
MommaR
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MommaR » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:39 am

EXACTLY ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wondering!

My smallest child was with me in the car this morning. I asked "What do you want to name the baby?" and his response made me chuckle:

"Princess" he said lol
MommaR
Star Member
Star Member

Postby JennMarie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:02 am

It's so close now!! I know 7 days seems like forever when you are waiting for such exciting news! Not like you don't have enough to think about and analyze... but here were my symptoms with my kids:

Boy - Typical initial symptoms such as sore bbs and some nausea, but the first trimester I had a serious increase in libido - like 3 or 4 times a day kind of increase. It was so strange! I also felt like I looked pretty - my skin and hair looked great. By the second trimester I felt great and had zero mood swings - in fact, I was way more calm when I was pregnant than I usually am :)

Girls - Same initial symptoms but I also started breaking out very early. I have always struggled with this, but during the pregnancies with my daughters it is hard to control at all. The first trimester I had very low libido in comparison to my son. I also felt like I wasn't pretty at all, I hardly wanted to leave the house! By the second trimester the mood swings really hit and some days I feel like I'm hanging by a thread. I KNEW by the start of the second trimester with this one that it was another girl because the symptoms were exactly the same!

I tell you this because I'm curious as to what your symptoms have been along those lines. Are they the same as they were with your sons? Then I can get a good guess based off of that and heartbeat ;)
Me-34
DH-40

JennMarie
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MommaR » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:54 am

Thanks for that :)

Well, DS 1 was born in 2008 so about 5.5 years ago. I don't really remember much from that. And of course I didn't keep record of anything. Silly me. I do know that it was pretty uneventful. I didn't have really any symptoms. No ms and otherwise just.... normal. lol I carried like a basketball. Broke out on my face.

DS 2 was born in 2010 about 3.25 years ago so that is hard to remember too lol. With him it was pretty much the same. I am pretty sure I was nauseous at the beginning a bit and had some aversions. I also carried like a basketball I was told. I can't remember much more than that. Oh - I did break out on my face.

This one - my very first symptom was sore bbs... terrible sore. It felt like my nips were on fire and they were SO flipping sensitive. Then it moved to whole breast and has stayed that way pretty much. It's lessened within the past couple of week but when I take my bra off when I get home HOLY are they just swollen and still flipping sensitive as all get out.

We don't remember me having any headaches with the first two. I've had terrible headaches with this one. Also, there was about a month there that I was super nauseous. I didn't throw up but felt like I always had to. My mom says I'm carrying wider but a friend of mine says I'm not lol. This little one had a h.b. of 164 at about 9 weeks and then at about 12 weeks it was 148 my doc told me (even though we recorded it and counted 156).

I've been breaking out all over face and a bit on back and chest.

We didn't try any wives tale stuff with the boys I'm pretty sure. With this one here are the results lol:

Thread and needle: circles - girl
Baking soda: no fizz - girl
Psychic reading: boy
Chinese chart: - girl
The whole adding your year plus your birth year etc: boy
Cravings: girl (been way more sweet this time...)
bbs: left is bigger - girl lol (but it's always bigger)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. And I don't have any ultrasounds that would be good for nub or skull. ugh!

I just don't know what to think!
MommaR
Star Member
Star Member

Postby mexicanchick718 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:02 pm

Oh MammaR!! I love reading your posts. It reminds me of myself in those days leading up to THE MOMENT of truth...hehe. My tummy is getting all nervous with you...hehe. I get all teary everytime I ready a post about IT'S A....

You know im having a girl so here are my symptoms:

Early on was TONS of gas and headaches. Then the MS but never threw up it wasnt super bad but wasnt very easy. I did start to breakout everywhere but that has gone away and my skin is super clear. My boobs have been sore off an on. The headaches have been constant though. I do know I am wider since I cant get my pants over my butt.

I am just so excited for you to find out!! Im like a kid I wanted to know last week...haha no patients!
BFP#1 5/28/2013
BFP#2 9/23/2013

ImageImage
mexicanchick718
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommaR » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:12 pm

haha exactly! I normally can't wait for Christmas presents let alone news like this!!!

So here is the thing. I was listening to the radio this morning and heard a psychic medium on there. . . blah blah blah. Never put too much thought into it. And I thought hmm that would be fun. Ask the psychic what I’m having.

So I got to work and remembered awhile later (lol) so I looked it up and put my info and question in. Then I got to the next screen and it was $50.00 a question!!!! wth? So I didn’t enter my address or my card number or anything I just backed out.

WELL after lunch I received the email from the lady with the answer to my question. So WTH am I going to get charged for that?! I didn’t agree to anything I’m pretty sure... but I was on my phone so the writing was small. But I surely didn’t put in a card number or anything. But there was a “bill me later” option. I did NOT pick that option – I just closed the internet on my phone and went back to work.

So I don’t know if I should believe it or not. . . and if I did believe it I’m not sure if it might be picking up or talking about the boys I already have. ANYWAY it has me feeling a bit down lol.

Here is the response:

Hi Kelly
thanks for writing. Your chart shows at least three children in your lifetime and I am feeling a strong male energy around you. Not sure if you already have a boy but I am feeling a boy baby. This child being born will have a strong connection to you and another woman in your family (sister, mom, mom in law, etc)

This child also has a past life connection with from a former lifetime. if you believe in the theory of reincarnation and other lifetimes, this child coming is connected with you from several lifetimes and is coming back to reconnect with you now.

I feel in the former lifetime, one of you died too soon. You both will have a long happy lifetime in this one but in a former lifetime you were torn apart by a war and were not able to say goodbye. I feel it was you who was left behind. i also do not feel this was your child but a brother to you in the former lifetime that went to war and was killed. Now he coming back in this lifetime as your child so you can take care of him. You felt like you didn't take care of him in that lifetime even though it was not your fault then he died but somehow you blamed yourself and now in this one you will be over protective of this child and make sure every need is met. You will worry about him and check on him often. There also may be anxiety when you are apart. You may have anxiety when you leave him with a sitter or you may not even want anyone else to baby sit. He is going to be fine. You are going to be fine but its the memory of that former lifetime that still haunts your subconscious even though your conscious mind does not remember. But yes you will feel a very special connection with this little one. It's like someone whom you loved and lost is coming back to you! This will be a joyful reunion and even though he has a different name, face and role in the current family, the love and connection will be immediate. You will feel like he is an old soul. I am so happy for you. Enjoy the journey. You have a special bond and many many happy years together. When you get old and gray, he will take care of you one day. If for some reason I am wrong the on the sex of this baby (usually I am not) then expect a little baby boy to join the family at some point!
MommaR
Star Member
Star Member

Postby mexicanchick718 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Wow thats deep girl! Thats so freaky it kind of scares me. Dh is a strong believer and me too of fortune tellers. My MIL went to this lady and she told her that in mid year a new life would be entering our lives. My first pregnancy started in late may but sadly lost that baby but oddly enough my baby girl is due June 3rd. So who knows. I find that stuff creepy
BFP#1 5/28/2013
BFP#2 9/23/2013

ImageImage
mexicanchick718
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommaR » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Agreed! I sent it to my mom.. who is a VERY strong believer and also thinks that she has "the gift" lol but she thinks this is referring to DS 1...
MommaR
Star Member
Star Member

Postby JennMarie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Hmm... I don't know if I would put too much thought into what this psychic told you. It's not that I don't believe in them at all, but I just don't think someone could possibly get any feeling if they weren't anywhere near you. I sure hope they don't try to charge you for that either!

When I did all the old wives tales mine were pretty split too. When I think back on it, I carried my son like a basketball too. My daughter I was much bigger with and it seems like I did carry her more all over versus right out in front. I also had WAY more heartburn with my daughter than with my son... and this time I already have a ton of it.

I guess I just don't know what to guess! I wish I would have written down my sons heartbeat and how far along I was to know exactly when his dropped down below 140. Based on heartrate at this point I would guess girl, but I do remember that my sons was elevated right at the beginning. Oh man, I could totally go either way on this one - I can definitely see why you are having so much trouble guessing yourself!! You should almost see if you can go rent a heartrate monitor! Well, on second thought you are only 7 days away from finding out... so close!!
Me-34
DH-40

JennMarie
Star Member
Star Member

Next

Return to Second Trimester