blah today

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

blah today

Postby MommaR » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:29 am

Any of you get in a depressed blah type mood? Cant seem to shake it today. Im so anxious because I dont feel baby yet and dont have a doppler. Just kind of going nuts a bit :/
Me: 30
DH: 28
DS 1: 5
DS 2: 3
Angel Baby: August 31, 2013 (6 weeks)
BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD July 8, 2014!
Beta: 49.2 (12 dpo)
Beta: 143 (14 dpo)
Ultrasound November 11, 2013 - Saw baby and heartbeat (122)!
Ultrasound at 8 weeks 6 days heartbeat was 164!
H.b. at 13 weeks was 148!
Elective Ultrasound 16.2 weeks - IT'S A GIRL!!!
Ultrasound 18.6 weeks - STILL a girl!!!
Ultrasound 20 weeks - S.T.I.L.L. a girl!!! :)
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
MommaR
Star Member
Star Member

Re: blah today

Postby Sarbear819 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:14 am

Absolutely. Had a day just like that yesterday! Cried all day, just wanted to lay in bed, basically told my husband that he was a terrible person. Today I feel a little better, but I guess the hormones are crazy right now. I definitely also have those days when my boy is super quiet. When we are going through this emotional roller coaster plus dealing with some of the more unpleasant physical symptoms, those kicks make it all worth it. When they don't cooperate and stay quiet, it is such a terrible feeling!! Just remind yourself that the odds are overwhelming that your babe is absolutely fine. My doc/midwife has let me come in before for quick hb check when I am super anxious just to put my mind at ease. Have you called? They might let you. Sending you hugs!!
Sarbear819
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby MommaR » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:31 am

I actually haven't called. Man, if yesterday was a business day I would have for sure! I figure hey... I get the ultrasound this Thursday so not much longer to wait to see the little bugger :) And then after that I have a check up Jan 30 at the doc so i'll get the hear the heartbeat.

I was never like this before... never worried like this. After the mc it just makes me wonder.

I so wish bebes was kicking all the time not like the hmm I may or may not have felt something???

Poor girl I know... freaking hormones. Glad you are feeling a bit better today. Wonder if the moon was weird yesterday lol
MommaR
Star Member
Star Member

Postby mexicanchick718 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:34 am

I went through a blah phase. Ob was starting to worry bout depression but doing much better. When you find out what your having...hopefully a girl hehe.....you will be thrilled and excited again..
Me: 26 DH: 28
BFP#1 5/28/2013
:angel: @ 9 wks on 7/11/2013
BFP#2 9/23/2013

ImageImage
mexicanchick718
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommaR » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:14 pm

Ah yes. It worries me when I get that way. I was depressed - very very very bad after a horrible medical experience in early 2012 I believe. I had a fungal infection in my organs and it was making nodules in my lungs etc. It's called Histoplasmosis. Very rare. Anyway, from diagnosis to surgery was 1 freaking week... that's it. I had my throat cut open - and they went down and removed an inflamed lymph node that was blocking my airways. I was in the hospital a couple of days and then recovering for a bit. Then I found out I would have to take these anti fungal pills that are such a bad poison to your body... I was so sick. Nauseous 100% of the time - lost 30 pounds and couldn't eat. Just laid on the couch and cried. Couldn't make dinner.. watch kids... work... nothing. DH was SO supportive. I was so depressed nobody could figure out what was wrong with me... Turns out I had terrible anxiety and depression from that whole experience. They describe it like when you have something happen like that it's like flood gates opening. So I was just flooded with all of this crap... plus my dad died in a tragic car accident in 2006. Terrible.

My heart kept racing and doing weird things and I felt horrible... I went to ER about 3 times in 1.5 weeks. (including on mother's day that year) and after that I ended up in an institution. I wasn't hospitalized or anything.. just went to an adult partial program where I would go 9-3 every day for a week. They helped with meds, counseling etc. That really helped. Then I saw a therapist for A YEAR after that once a week. Eventually I got quite a bit better and hated the meds I was on so I went off all of them. We knew we would try for another child so I couldn't be on those specific meds... they caused specific birth defects.

SO ANYWAY lol. When I get depressed feeling it reminds me of how I felt then and how that sneaks up on you. Scares the ever living out of me! I got it turned around yesterday and tried to stay busy. Doing way better today. But yeah yesterday I laid in bed mid morning for like 2 hours just trying to feel the baby do ANYTHING to make me feel better.

I know I'm feeling anxious about this appointment this week so I'm sure that will be playing some tricks on my body. I'm just trying to hang in there and above all be grateful for another blessing as it is. :)

I will love it to pieces no matter what it is :)
MommaR
Star Member
Star Member

Postby same_true_taurus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:33 pm

I have depression/anxiety and can definitely relate to what you're feeling. Some days are okay and some are not.
During my second trimester it took awhile to feel obvious movement from baby due to his position. It seems like it took forever to feel him kicking and then even longer until hubby could feel it too.
I don't have one now but with ds1, I had a fetal doppler with headphones. There were many times when I was feeling down I'd lay in bed and listen to baby's heartbeat. It was almost like meditation ....very calm and peaceful.
Different things work for everybody and I want to wish you the best of luck as you go through your pregnancy.
Me (Joan): 34
DH: 34
DS1: age 11yrs (unplanned but wonderful surprise)
DS2: age 19 months (after ttc for 2 years)
Now expecting baby #3....surprise!
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MommaR » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:22 am

Thanks for writing :) I really wanted to get a Doppler - I've never had one at home before. However, I feel like maybe it would be a waste of money now at this point since baby should start moving soon? ack

I imagine it would be like meditation. I would love that :) What brand did you have?
MommaR
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Second Trimester