Baby Shower Question

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Baby Shower Question

Postby Kodak2057 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:08 pm

I think unless your husband is good friends with him or you are inviting more make friends it would be odd to invite him. If it's a women only shower plus your dh a and his buddy I think invite the wife and use other social events to hang out with him. Just my opinion :)
Kodak2057
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Whig » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:52 pm

I would say, if there are no other men, I would not invite him. If you really don't know his wife all that well, I wouldnt invite her either. However, I'm not a people person, so I tend to want only close friends/family at these types of things.

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby sarahmarie » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:43 am

Invite both him and his wife. Buying into gender roles and segration of sexes is so a thing of the past. If he is your friend why even consider excluding him from your special day?

sarahmarie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SusanT » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:47 am

This is tricky! I don't think I would invite her without inviting him but as you said, you don't want to invite them as a couple and not let others come as a couple. I agree with Kodak that unless DH knows your guy friend, it might be awkward for him to be in a room with all ladies. The other thought being maybe you can just do a separate get together with them, apart from the shower? Good luck!
Susan (36) Matt (37)

Expecting our first after TTC for 2.5 years!

9/16 - FET - transferred a 5 day 3AA embryo
9/20 - BFP on my birthday!

SusanT
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Second Trimester