Complete Placenta Previa @ 21 weeks w/ 1 minor bleed

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Complete Placenta Previa @ 21 weeks w/ 1 minor bleed

Postby lala26 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:22 am

So about a month ago (@ 19 weeks) I had a minor bleed. I went to my doctor and they sent me to ultrasound where I was diagnosed with a low lying placenta. They think that was the cause of the bleed, and told me to take it easy (I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old at home), most of these cases move on their own, and they would see me at my next visit which was scheduled for 21 weeks. Well I went in for my scan and my placenta went from low lying to complete (posterior). I am now on pelvic rest (no sex, no heavy lifting etc.) Has anybody had a case where their placenta previa got worse?? This is my sixth child, all vaginal births. My doctor told me they will recheck me at 28 weeks to see if it moved, but they do not think mine will since it already moved the wrong way. I am 24 weeks now, I haven't had any more bleeding but I feel like a ticking time bomb....afraid I am going to have a major bleed at any moment. Has anybody else experienced this where their placenta previa got worse, and then corrected itself before birth? My previous 3 pregnancies I had a low lying placenta and they all corrected itself by my next scan, so I am pretty discouraged this time because it got worse. I am so scared to have a C-section, and my doctor said if I do have to have one they will do it around 37 weeks because of my history of going into labor early as they want to avoid an emergency situation.
lala26

Return to Second Trimester