Headaches

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Headaches

Postby lovem » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:24 am

It seems like my headaches are so on and off.
My dr tells me it's because I have to drink lots of water, and I am doing so.

But today my head is hurting so bad... almost to the point where I feel like it's going to explode.
I don't take any over the counter drugs, but was wondering if any of you ladies know any natural
remedy to get rid of it?? or at least help.

:( :( :(
It's a boy!!
lovem
Friend

Re: Headaches

Postby Whig » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:41 am

This probably isnt the answer you're looking for, but regular strength Tylenol is OK to take as long as it's in moderation. I would do that or else have a small soda or coffee or tea - something with caffiene to kind of dull the pain a bit. Others have suggested laying down in a dark room or putting a cool damp cloth on the back of your neck, but I couldnt do that at work so I was limited.

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby tulip123 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:56 am

I get horrible migraine type headaches. I just take half a tylenol right when I start getting the headache. Since if it becomes more, half a tylenol is not enough. This has worked for me. Also, do you think you get headaches because you are focusing on something too much ? Like a computer screen etc ? Maybe prevention is the best choice if you don't take any medicine. Nothing apart from pills get rid of the headache for me. You could try applying Vicks too.
tulip123
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Kodak2057 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:36 am

I found massage helped me with headaches in early second trimester.
Kodak2057
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lovem » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:47 am

Believe it or not, it may be because of the computer screen. I'm at work 9-5 and I work on a computer.
However, when I'm not at work, it still comes and goes.
It's a boy!!
lovem
Friend

Postby tulip123 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:03 am

Have a wet towel next to you always (take a piece of hand paper towel,wet it).
And keep it on your eyes often. It helps a lot. And focus away from the computer and look at green trees often.
tulip123
Star Member
Star Member

Postby browe » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:32 am

I have been getting terrible headaches and they actually started in the second trimester. I can actually feel my head throbbing, they are terrible!! I have read that tension headaches increase during pregnancy. I have heard all of the remedies that everyone else has said. I know Tylenol is safe to take, but I have not taken any. A small bit of caffeine may help, but the best thing that helps for me is just laying down in a quiet place. Unfortunately, you don't always have the opportunity to lie down :( I have heard that peppermint can help heachaches. Try a peppermint oil or sucking on a peppermint. Maybe even some natural peppermint tea!! I just try to make sure I drink enough water and eat enough throughout the day and hope I don't get one! Good Luck!
browe
Friend

Postby lovem » Thu May 01, 2014 11:03 am

Thanks Tulip! I'll try that. I usually get off work and nap right away.

Browe, I've heard that too. I tried sucking on peppermint and it doesn't work. :( I'll try the peppermint oil though. They say to rub it on your temple and your neck. I haven't felt my headaches throb too much tho, it just hurts extremely bad at time.

It's actually calmed down for the past few days though, but I'm sure it'll come back. It always does. :(
It's a boy!!
lovem
Friend

Postby Gubee » Fri May 16, 2014 6:45 pm

I do acupressure on my own to relief the pain. Just use either your left or right index and thumb and pinch at the meaty part between the index and thumb of your other palm. It seems to help for my headaches but if you have migraine it may not work as good. Doesn't hurt to try though. :wink:
Gubee
Friend

Postby dukebluebell » Fri May 16, 2014 8:01 pm

I've found that drinking tons and tons and tons if water is the best cure for me...even if I think I'm getting enough, if I get a headache I double it and usually feel better soon. I've also used Tylenol which takes a tiny edge off. Need to go back to acupuncture as I'm sure it would help a lot!
Me - Sara - 32
DH - 38
Married 2 years, TTC # 1 since March 2012

It's a BOY! :future baby boy:
dukebluebell

Return to Second Trimester