Anyone fly in their 1st trimester?!

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anyone fly in their 1st trimester?!

Postby lukey2 » Sat May 17, 2014 7:49 am

Hi Ladies!

Hoping to get a little reassurance. I'm 6 weeks right now and have a flight booked at 8 weeks. My nurse said it was fine to fly in the 1st trimester..but I feel a little unsettled. One of my family members made a comment about not flying in 1st and 3rd and I think it brought up my paranoia again!! The Flight is 2.5 hours so not too long.

Did anyone fly thru 1st trimester? What did ur doc say?
(Erinrae)

DS1 Jan 11/15 (Lukas!)
lukey2
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Anyone fly in their 1st trimester?!

Postby prayedformybaby » Mon May 19, 2014 7:13 am

I flew when I was 6 weeks pregnant. I talked with my Dr. beforehand and he said no concern at all about flying unless you are in your third trimester. Some Dr.'s even say you are fine flying until closer to 34 weeks or so, but I am traveling in a few weeks and have chosen to drive instead, just because the third trimester scares me. I would not worry about your flight at all, and know of many pregnant women who have flown all throughout their pregnancy with no issues at all.
prayedformybaby
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lukey2 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:26 am

Thanks so much prayedformybaby! Just what I needed to hear:)

I don't blame you for wanting to keep you feet on the ground!!
(Erinrae)

DS1 Jan 11/15 (Lukas!)
lukey2
Star Member
Star Member

Postby frankme1 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:33 am

I flew multiple times in the first trimester because I travel for work. Doc said no problem at all. They say you are good up until 35 weeks unless there are complications. He did say that once I am a little further a long I should bring my prenatal paperwork with me in case something would happen and I had to see a different doctor.
Me - Meagan (30), DH - Rob (43)
DS - Charlie (1)
Expecting baby #2 on July 17th!
frankme1
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Second Trimester