Anterior Placenta

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anterior Placenta

Postby Smiley81 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:30 am

I just found out I have an anterior placenta this is my fourth child and I've never had one before .. Has anyone else experienced this? During the sonogram my baby girls face was smashed into the placenta I had to eat some sugar to get her to show me her face .. Can an anterior placenta cause any problems??
Smiley81

Re: Anterior Placenta

Postby BABYBABY!!! » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:55 am

Hi, having an anterior placenta will not cause any problems whatsoever the only difference is feeling less fetal movement in the beginning due to the placenta cushioning baby
Me (Alicia) 30 DH 31
I'm having a BOY!!! ♡Austin♡
#BlessedMomOf5
ImageImageImageImageImage
BABYBABY!!!
Star Member
Star Member

Postby breezy_boo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

I also have an anterior placenta and my midwife said the same thing as babybaby.
But I've been feeling the baby occasionally since 16 weeks. Then it was only while lying in a certain position. But now I can feel her while I'm sitting on the couch or driving. Haven't been able to feel her yet when I'm moving around though.
Due December 15th- It's a Girl!!
breezy_boo
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Lany » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:13 pm

This is my third and my first anterior placenta too. As everyone said not anything to worry about just annoying cause you can't feel movement as early. I have days when I can feel bub squirming then may feel nothing for a couple days. Personally I am a bit disappointed as I love the kicking Rex and as this my last it just sux that I have to wait longer for it to be more constant.
Me 35 Lany
DH 42

Lany
Angel
Angel

Return to Second Trimester