Private 3D 4D scans

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Private 3D 4D scans

Postby Lany » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:26 pm

I am thinking about getting a private scan done for a coupe of reasons.
One to check gender again but mainly to take my boys along to see their baby sister as well.
I was looking for anyone's experiences on
1. Taking young children into US. Did they sit still?
2. What week to go. Are there better weeks than others? Is it the later the better.
3. I have an anterior placenta will this affect photo quality.

Thanks for your input :)
Me 35 Lany
DH 42

Lany
Angel
Angel

Re: Private 3D 4D scans

Postby Lovelivesinme2014 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:53 pm

My toddler ran around the office the best bet is to have someone with you. I went at 15 weeks to find out the gender I have an anterior placenta as well there were no problems for me with pics I believe it's after 28 weeks that the cord might block a good image from being taken. Have fun

Lovelivesinme2014
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Smiley81 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:19 pm

I brought my kids to my 4D scan I also have an anterior placenta my babies head kept hiding in the placenta they tell you to drink 3 huge bottles of water for 3 days then go to the appointment that will help with the images... 28 weeks is the preferred time to go the tech said cause my baby still looked like a baby from another planet.. At 28 weeks the baby has good fat on him/her.. I was 17 weeks when I went but we were making sure my baby didn't of a cleft lip..it' was still a cool experience
Smiley81

Postby Prinycesa07 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:39 am

I went at 15 weeks this time to find out gender. The whole reason was so both of my kids could go and be there to find out with us as a family of 4 (they arent allowed at the official medical 20 week scan here). My 3 yr old son paid no attention and was touching everything, we had to give him our phone to play a game. He had no interest. But my 4.5 yr old LOVED it. She was amazed and it was worth every penny for her to be there. She sat up in the big chair next to the bed holding my hand (the father chair but she ran into the room first and got herself up on it). Then the sonographer whispered in her eye the gender so she knew first and was able to tell us. The huge smile on her face when she walked across the room and said "IT'S A GIRL!!" is a memory i'll never forget. She didnt stop smiling the whole day.

At 15 weeks the baby looked like an alien. I got it at 28 weeks with my daughter (also anterior placenta) and the pics were great. Got it at 32 weeks with my son and i think that was too late becuase he was too big and we couldnt get good pics. If we do it again this time we will do about 28-29 weeks.
Audrey Renee- 12/09/09
Owen Frederick- 4/8/11
Olivia Mae Noelle 12/25/14

Prinycesa07
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Second Trimester