looking for support in put please

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

looking for support in put please

Postby cluelessttc » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:21 am

Hi i had my 20 week anatomy scan they told me i have an anterior placenta, which really bummed me out b\c it is going to be a while before i get to feel this baby girl move... to take the cake i was told i have partial placenta previa and they found a cyst on our sweet baby girls brain.... OMG I am scared out of my mind, i have to have another scan at 28 weeks to see if placenta moved and if the cyst has disolved. Any one have any experience with this?? Scared out of my mind
cluelessttc

Re: looking for support in put please

Postby newmama25 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:34 am

I just had a scan at 12.5 weeks and also was told that I have placenta previa. The doctor told me not to google it because it will tell you all kinds of things that aren't necessary to worry about at this point. She said there is a 90% chance that the placenta will grow up WITH your uterus as your uterus grows as your placenta itself does not move. It is a common "complication" but the odds are that it works itself out just fine. Even if it does not they schedule a c section in enough time to get the baby out safely without causing any harm to you either. I was really worried at first but have been assured that at this stage in pregnancy it will most likely just grow up with the uterus. So don't worry yourself too much!
newmama25

Postby jleroux30 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:28 pm

I can see why you are scared. I'm glad they have found these concerns now so they can monitor your case well. As newmama25 said, they chances of the previa going away before delivery is very high. I hope that's the case for you too. I don't have any advice for you on the cyst on baby's brain, but I'll keep you and baby girl in my thoughts!
Me: Jaimee 38, DH 41,

jleroux30
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsK » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:34 pm

My sister was told at her 20 week scan also that her daughter had a few cysts on her brain and they should disappear before birth. She had a follow up scan a few weeks later and they were all gone! I don't think you should worry too much but I'm sure I would be freaking out a bit too. I hope everything turns out ok!
Me (Colleen) & DH 29 ~ #1 due 2/28/15! ~ It's a BOY!!
MrsK
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby cluelessttc » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:21 pm

Thank you all so much, thinking happy thoughts.
cluelessttc

Postby lbgoehefam » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:30 pm

I had placenta previa with my first pregnancy and also found out at my 20 weeks scan. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to have my vaginal birth and have to have a c section but it moved up by my scan at 35 (?) Weeks (can't remember for sure if that was when I had the scan.) I was able to have a vaginal birth :) my ob told me that in most cases it does move up on its own. As far as the cysts go, I don't have any personal experience with it but I have heard of it before and they usually do dissolve on there own. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and baby and I will pray for you guys. Gl..I'm sure it will all turn out perfect for you.
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby breezy_boo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:42 pm

Oh clueless I'm sorry you are going through this! I don't have any experience with either of these topics but I am thinking of you.
Keep us updated. I hope all shows up perfectly normal at your next scan!! :)
Due December 15th- It's a Girl!!
breezy_boo
Addicted
Addicted

Postby cluelessttc » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Thank you brezzy! How are you doing?
cluelessttc

Postby sunmaid » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:31 pm

I had an anterior placenta with my first (and with this one) and during the anatomy scan they found cycts as well. But unlike you, I was never told about it because I was in a teaching clinic and had a different doctor for EVERY visit. At about 30 weeks it was mentioned (I forgot why) and they wouldn't order another scan to see if the cyst resolved. They said they usually do so it's nothing to worry about and it wasn't medically necessary. And if it didn't resolve, then I had a trisomy 18 baby and there was nothing they could do about that either! Then they looked at me and said "It's not like you would have aborted anyway, right?" MY mom ended up giving me a scan in her clinic with her U/S technician and the cyst was gone at 30 weeks.

I first felt movement at around 15 weeks with my boy. It felt like tiny little taps. Actually, early movement feels like gas bubbles and at 12 weeks, periodically I'll think I feel the baby moving but it's gas. Or my stomach muscles twitching. I'm looking forward to feeling my baby move, too.

Good luck! I'm sure everything is ok. But it's hard not to worry when you are pregnant.
Me - December 30, 1980 33 years old
DH - June 1, 1975 39 years old
Weston Jason - May 24 2011 3 years old
Baby #2 - DUE April 9, 2015

Want to convert your home and shop green? Would like to earn a residual income as well? Talk to me about a company that specializes in helping families reach their goals, whether it be financial or wellness. http://www.melaleuca.com
sunmaid
Angel
Angel

Postby cluelessttc » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Thank you sunmaid i appreciate it. Good luck to you as well
cluelessttc

Postby breezy_boo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:13 am

Hey clue- how are things going??
Due December 15th- It's a Girl!!
breezy_boo
Addicted
Addicted

Postby cluelessttc » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:17 am

Breezy- going ok, just praying and waiting for 28 weeks to get here so we can get an update on whats going on with our baby girl! How are u doing?
cluelessttc

Postby ABelle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:07 pm

How much longer until your are 28w clueless?
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 41. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Angel
Angel

Postby cluelessttc » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:24 pm

Abelle- i am 22 weeks tomorrow, only 6 more weeks left to wait :/
cluelessttc

Postby ABelle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:33 pm

The wait would be killing me! Sometimes I wish I had a private ultrasound machine to see my baby whenever I needed lol
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 41. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Angel
Angel

Next

Return to Second Trimester