Varicose Veins?

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Varicose Veins?

Postby BlueSwallow84 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:24 am

Hey everyone,

I'm a couple weeks shy of my second trimester, but I'm feeling SO much better and ready for this next part of the journey :) I have a question for you ladies. My mother, when pregnant with me and my younger sister, got horrible varicose veins that she still has to this day. I know that I'm probably genetically predisposed to have them pretty badly too - but is there anything you can do to help prevent them or at least help ease them? I really don't know much about this. Are you ladies doing anything in particular? Thanks for the advice!! 8O
Nicole
First little miracle due 4/27/15!
Me:30
DH: 26
BFP: 8/11/2014
IT'S A GIRL!

ImageImage
BlueSwallow84
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: Varicose Veins?

Postby lbgoehefam » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi hun... my mom also got these during pregnancy and yeah they are kind of a genetic thing unfortunately :( This is my fourth pregnacy and they've gotten a little worse with each one. I don't have the really big ones yet but I do have some pretty noticeable skinny little broken veins (purplish blue in color) i went to my dermatologist about a year ago and she told me there was no point in getting them lasered off until I'm done having babies as they will just get worse. She told me compression tights and making sure you don't cross your legs while sitting can help some with prevention. But who really wants to wear compression tights, especially while pregnant. And I'm not even sure if it's the safest thing to wear those while pregnant bc they may restrict blood flow? I've found some stuff on pinterest that says apple cider vinegar can help get rid of them...you can apply it topically with a soaked cotton ball and I've also read that drinking a few table spoons daily can help as well. Luckily a tan can help hide them a bit. I don't really think there's any sure fire way of preventing them though. If you find something out though let me know! Gl and fx that you don't get them. Just bc your mom did doesn't mean for sure that you will. It probably has something to do with weight gain as well and how much your legs have to hold.
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lbgoehefam » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Oh I wanted to say also that my first pregnancy wasn't nearly as bad as far as getting those veins as my second and third were... or at least there wasn't as many accumulated at that point so I it didn't bother me nearly as much as they do now. With each pregnancy I got a few more so now they're a lot more noticeable than they were after just my first. I already have noticed a new patch on my outer thigh this time around and I'm only 16 weeks eeek!
Dd 06/11/08 Charlize Michelle (we call her Charlie)
Dd 10/20/11 Natalie Beth
Dd 03/20/13 McKenzie Rose

Edd 03/20/15 Its a Boy!

I'm 27 years old, married for 4 years on 4/24/10
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lbgoehefam
Addicted
Addicted

Postby ABelle » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Hey girl, I feel your pain. My mom had horrible varicose veins too. I wear compression tights every day and let me tell you, it makes a huge difference. They are definitely encouraged during pregnancy as it will also help with swelling of your lower extremities! Good luck!
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 41. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Angel
Angel

Postby BlueSwallow84 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:33 am

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I guess I should become used to idea that I'll probably end up with them, but I'm definitely gonna do all I can to try to ease them, at least!
Nicole
First little miracle due 4/27/15!
Me:30
DH: 26
BFP: 8/11/2014
IT'S A GIRL!

ImageImage
BlueSwallow84
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Second Trimester