Feeling baby move... and new anxiety

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Feeling baby move... and new anxiety

Postby sunmaid » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:19 am

Last night I for sure felt baby. It felt like tiny bubble coming up to the surface. Much lighter than the first time I felt baby with my son but I was farther along.

I'm a bundle of anxiety that I can control pretty well when I'm a normal person. But being pregnant, I'm a crazy ball full of crazy. I personally hate and it's like I'm watching a crazy person outside of my body. But these feelings are so REAL to me and since I have to live in my skin while I'm pregnant, they are real. So I'm trying to cope the best way I can.

Now that I'm feeling baby move, a new anxiety popped up. Ever since I saw the heartbeat at 9 weeks, my miscarriage anxiety and fear melted away. And man, that was mind-numbing, for both my husband and me. Things have been smooth and now I am SO happy about feeling baby move. However...

Now, whenever I DON'T feel baby, I think, maybe baby died! Ugh, I KNOW it's crazy. I know what I felt was so light and faint that it won't be that noticeable. And I know that I won't feel baby more regularly until I'm 20+ weeks. But I can't stop my brain from being crazy!
Me - December 30, 1980 33 years old
DH - June 1, 1975 39 years old
Weston Jason - May 24 2011 3 years old
Baby #2 - DUE April 9, 2015

Want to convert your home and shop green? Would like to earn a residual income as well? Talk to me about a company that specializes in helping families reach their goals, whether it be financial or wellness. http://www.melaleuca.com
sunmaid
Angel
Angel

Re: Feeling baby move... and new anxiety

Postby Happyfroggy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:08 pm

Yeah I know what you mean, I always feel freaked out when I can't feel my baby move too.

When is it supposed to be more frequent...28 weeks?!?! I can't remember.

I'm also paranoid about premature labour. PARANOID! I was last time too and I still am even though I didn't go early at all last time :roll:
Happyfroggy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MorghanW » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:56 pm

This is a very common cause of anxiety. I started feeling baby #2 around 13-14 weeks as well, and it felt as you described, but it was very random. Still, I worried, even though if I have a pregnant patient I give her advice not to worry (since you really shouldn't), but heck...hormones :p

Kick counting doesn't start until much much later in the pregnancy, so as much as we drive ourselves crazy with this, it's for no real reason. Hope your anxiety eases up soon. I would go days without feeling anything baby related, even now, at 23 weeks, sometimes she stays quiet the whole day and then the next day it's like the World Cup in there. ;)
Me: 31
DH: 33
:angel: 5/2005
DS: 2
DD: 1/19/2015 7lbs 9oz, 20.5 in @ 37w1d

MorghanW
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BlueSwallow84 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:01 am

I felt what I think was the baby a couple days ago - I describe it as someone very lightly rolling their knuckles on the inside of my stomach. I haven't felt much since then. I understand your fears, they're the same as mine. Especially since most of my 1st trimester symptoms have eased, it's hard to believe that I'm pregnant. My expanding size and trouble fitting into my clothes reassures me that I still am! I can't wait until I start to feel the baby more frequently and can be sure that it's definite!
Nicole
First little miracle due 4/27/15!
Me:30
DH: 26
BFP: 8/11/2014
IT'S A GIRL!

ImageImage
BlueSwallow84
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby SouthernBelle_87 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:47 pm

I started feeling movement around 17 weeks. I still don't feel anything all the time. Sometimes I go a whole day barely feeling anything. I worry too, but I keep telling myself it's normal!
Me(28) DH(28)
BFP 7/13/14 after TTC 13 months w/ PCOS. 1st round Femara + trigger!
IT'S A GIRL!!!

40w0d~ DD arrives! 8lb 7oz, 21" long
SouthernBelle_87
Star Member
Star Member

Postby sunmaid » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:04 pm

I might feel something once a day or not notice it at all. At only 16 weeks and some days, I have to remind myself that this is TOTALLY normal. It will probably be quite a few weeks before it feels stronger and more frequent. I think I was 20+ weeks when it started being regular and about 24 weeks when DH could feel it. So I just have to remind myself that I'm blessed I can feel... something
Me - December 30, 1980 33 years old
DH - June 1, 1975 39 years old
Weston Jason - May 24 2011 3 years old
Baby #2 - DUE April 9, 2015

Want to convert your home and shop green? Would like to earn a residual income as well? Talk to me about a company that specializes in helping families reach their goals, whether it be financial or wellness. http://www.melaleuca.com
sunmaid
Angel
Angel

Postby B Michaelson » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:39 am

I started feeling some movement at 21 weeksI think. Even now I don't always feel him often or even daily.

I have an anterior pacenta so I know this doesn't help but my ob told me it was totally normal for it to take awhile to feel movement all the time.

I have my share of paranoia though lol.
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical