question for you guys in your 2nd trimester.

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

question for you guys in your 2nd trimester.

Postby mamacoss » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi guys! I'm very early pregnant only 4 to 5 weeks. It's my 5th pregnancy. I have 3 boys and had a miscarriage at one point. I remember with my miscarriage just "knowing" from the start that something was wrong. I don't have that feeling this time. However I am spotting. Started brown now some dark red but only when I wipe. I went to the dr today and had an ultrasound. The gestational sac is still there too early to get a heartbeat. Doc said many woman do bleed in early pregnancy. He took blood and we will get hcg results tomorrow. Just wondering if any of you have been through this? Thanks in advance.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: question for you guys in your 2nd trimester.

Postby alpacamybags » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:26 am

Hey! I think bleeding or spotting is quite common in early pregnancy. I had some around 6/7 weeks and had an emergency ultrasound as well. They were able to see a heartbeat which was reassuring. And they did not see any internal bleeding. It didn't happen again after that. It was quite scary at the time, especially as the blood was very red, but at the same time reading about lots of women going through the same thing was reassuring.
Hope your HCG results are good, and try and stay positive. It is still very early days. Hopefully you don't have more bleeding.
Oh and a quick thought, I know of women whose bleeding was a sign of low progesterone who were put on progesterone to help this. Worth asking your doctor about. Where I am in the UK they don't really check progesterone levels, or HCG levels actually, unless you have a history of miscarriage or they have a reason to suspect something.
Me - 28
DH - 26
Had a LLETZ procedure in 03/14 to remove pre-cancerous cells (CIN 3) on cervix
3 fluffy dog-children (all Lhasa Apsos) Dora, Leo, and Kitty
Dreaming of having an alpaca farm, but the baby first of course!
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby mamacoss » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:37 am

Thanks so much!!! I will ask about the progesterone. It's funny how the last time when I miscarried I new right off the bat something was wrong right when I got pregnant. This time I'm much calmer. Maybe that's a good sign.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby alpacamybags » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:47 am

No worries! Though the fact you've had successful pregnancies before would indicate your body should naturally be able to produce enough to sustain a pregnancy, but it's always worth asking the doctor!
Yea some women have really spot-on intuition about their babies, from knowing when something is wrong, to knowing the gender etc. I personally have none, but then it's my first baby, so hopefully I'll have fine-tuned it by the next time I get pregnant lol
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Postby cosorrells3540 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:34 am

I bled 3x from 4weeks to 11 weeks. Each time it was almost unexplainable so we just blamed it on a sensitive cervix. However my progesterone was low so I was supplemented from 8 weeks to 14 weeks (bled at 8 weeks and 11 weeks anyway). Some women do bleed. you have to recall anything that might have irritated your cervix like the vaginal ultrasound or intercourse etc. Hope all is still okay :)
DH-28
Me-28
DS-17 months
TTC #2 for 3/4 cycles
10-15-16 chemical :angel:
11-4-16 BFP

Image[/u
cosorrells3540
Angel
Angel

Postby mamacoss » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:00 am

All is well. :) went for another ultrasound at 7 weeks. Looks like it was implantation bleed. Babies heart is good and growing right on time. Still nervous and can't wait to be outta this 1st trimester.
mamacoss
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby alpacamybags » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:33 am

Yay I'm so happy to hear it! Hope those weeks until you hit the 2nd trimester go super fast!
Me - 28
DH - 26
BFP 16/07/2014 cycle #3
alpacamybags
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Second Trimester