2nd Trimester!!! What to Expect???

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

2nd Trimester!!! What to Expect???

Postby jesusmiracle » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:36 am

Hey Ladies... Second trimester questions for you:

1. With your first pregnancy, when do you start feeling kicks and movement? other then the tingle.... (been feeling that for a while)

2. When should you not sleep on your back and when does sleep get uncomfortable?

3. When does your belly really POP in the second trimester?

Hope you experts out there can help me!!! :D :D :D :D
jesusmiracle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: 2nd Trimester!!! What to Expect???

Postby violingirl » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:45 am

I popped around the same time I started to feel a lot of movement--that is to say, within the last week or so (I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow). So, about 21-22 weeks for me. I finally got some maternity clothes and they feel a lot better than my old clothes, which I can still technically wear but they just aren't as comfortable or as flattering.

As far as sleeping on your back, they say not to beginning in the second trimester, but I wake up to find myself on my back all the time. I try to turn on my side, but I don't think it's such a big deal. And I haven't been sleeping well for at least eight weeks.
violingirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby shadypersephone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:49 am

1. With your first pregnancy, when do you start feeling kicks and movement? other then the tingle.... (been feeling that for a while). I'm pretty sure I was around 16 or 17 weeks.

2. When should you not sleep on your back and when does sleep get uncomfortable? They say the beginning of the second trimester is when you need to stop sleeping on your back. But you'll know if you need to stay off your back: you'll either be uncomfortable, parts will go numb, or you'll have problems breathing. As far as being uncomfortable, that started around week 20 but it's only gotten to the point where I'm REALLY uncomfortable this week (28). Sleeping pretty much sucks now.

3. When does your belly really POP in the second trimester? I think I crossed the pregnant and not just fat line during week 20.
6/24/2014 3w3d :bfp:
2/26/2015 38w4d: Gwendolyn Anne arrives!
shadypersephone

Postby jesusmiracle » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:41 am

Thank you ladies so much- That helps me a lot! :D

I am so excited to get to the 20 week mark, that seems to be the time so much starts....
jesusmiracle
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby amazinglyamy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:42 pm

For me it has all happened right around 18 weeks. I felt a little movement before that but it got strong a couple days ago. At the same time I am starting to have trouble sleeping in general. I am very comfortable on my back and stomach but keep trying to sleep on my side has been hard. I ordered a great pregnancy pillow so I can't wait for that to get here, hope it helps! And I am really starting to pop now and if I don't hide it, its very obvious.

amazinglyamy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Second Trimester