The Bump.

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

The Bump.

Postby skywaitress » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:23 am

Hi guys! I'm a newbie here. I was briefly on the TTC page and remember everyone being insanely supportive. I don't have much experience on forums, but I spent a couple days reading the bump and can't believe how MEAN and nasty those ladies are over there. So I've left for greener pastures. Anyone else been over there and experienced that craziness? I was just kind of lurking for a bit, but couldn't take how rude they were being to someone for asking a simple question so I spoke up, which was a poor life choice. Maybe I'm too sensitive for pregnancy forums!!! If this page is anything like the TTC pages were though, then I hope to find some more supportive, like-minded preggos out there!!
skywaitress

Re: The Bump.

Postby BeeCee33 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 am

Aw, Sky, that's really disappointing. People can be so cruel to each other while hiding behind a screen name. There are rude people here (moreso on the TTC boards I think) every once in a while, but they get pounced on pretty quickly by all the nice ones lol.

In my experience, everyone here is extremely welcoming and supportive. So welcome and ask away- there's really no such thing as a dumb question and someone here always has an answer!

How far along are you?
Me: (Becca) 31, DH:36

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Postby violingirl » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:05 pm

This is definitely a "nice" forum. There just aren't really enough people here to get that kind of snarkiness going. I don't mind a little edge, myself, but I also really appreciate the niceness here. :) I have only received support and kind words here.
violingirl
Star Member
Star Member

Postby alibrooke » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:07 pm

ugh i hate the bump. those girls are just mean and nasty to these poor women who are worried and looking for support. supposedly pretty recently they changed their terms of service and alot of people got banned which is pretty funny. i try to stay away from there - it just aggravates me!
Me: Ali
BFP 11/7/14 (14 DPO)
1/31/15 - ITS A GIRL!!!
EDD: July 16th, 2015
alibrooke
Star Member
Star Member

Postby 1sttimemommy » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:54 pm

I have always preferred tww. Even when I first started trying to conceive back in 2007. I left for a long time until I actually got pregnant this year, bc there were a few women on the TTC board that were mean. I don't take it personal, I think a lot of women (myself included) get really frustrated while TTC, and they can't help it. But since being on the Pregnancy side, everyone has been very supportive and respectful, even when I've posted things I probably should have known anyway :-D Welcome!
Mommy - Nicole, 28, Daddy - Codie, 21
:bfp: 10/23/2014
1st U/S - 11/12/2014 - :baby: :baby:
BABY A :hb: 134
BABY B :hb: 137
01/28/15
Baby A :hb: 145 :babyg: Savannah Leigh
Baby B :hb: 158 :babyb: Alexander Kain

1sttimemommy
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby 80's Baby » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:39 pm

Yeah, I lurked on the bump for a bit. Bad times to be had there. lol Most od the ladies here are pretty awesome. ;)
Me- 29
DH- 28
DD- 11/2007
DD- 02/2012

TTC since March 2013 - Dr. found 2nd degree uterine prolapse
Chemical - July, 2013 :angel:
BFP - January, 29 @ 9 DPO
March 18 - :angel: :angel: D&E@ 10 weeks
August 19 - bfp @ 9 DPO!
TWINS! Due May 1st
October 1 - Baby A :angel: Baby B - Heartrate 162

November 24 - It's a girl!