1st day of 2nd trimester yeyyyy!

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

1st day of 2nd trimester yeyyyy!

Postby 3-liz » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:16 am

I am so happy that I made it so far!!!
I had some pretty dark days but hopefully it's all going to be better (I know I will still worry about tons of things though...)

I hope that it is true that we feel better during the 2nd trimester because I still feel nauseous (esp at night) and still a low apetite (I lost weight compared to my prepregnancy weight).

We decided to tell our families this past week but we are disapointed by their reaction.
DH's family had no reaction and my mom asked if it was planed :(

Anyway, I will try not to let this spoil the happiness :)
Me 31, Him 32 Both french living in Barcelona
TTC #1
BFP at cycle 3 @11dpo

Our little girl is here! Charlie is born on sept 1st 2015!
3-liz
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: 1st day of 2nd trimester yeyyyy!

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:26 am

Aw. Sorry for the mediocre response from relatives. We're all happy for you here!

Entering the 2nd trimester was when the anxiety of something going wrong eased off for me. Seeing a healthy baby wiggling around on my 12 week ultrasound was the best, especially after a rough 1st trimester.

I'm 20 weeks and the morning sickness is still hanging around, but I have hyperemesis gravidarum, so you will likely be luckier than me in that aspect!

I think it's true that the 2nd trimester brings many kinds of relief, as evidenced by how quiet the 2nd trimester board is! Regardless, welcome to the "honeymoon trimester!"
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me: (Becca) 31, DH:36

Henry James born 7/27/15
BeeCee33
Addicted
Addicted

Re: 1st day of 2nd trimester yeyyyy!

Postby Honey Bunny » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:26 pm

Welcome! Dont let their reaction make this "your joyous time in life" become shadowed or less meaningful.

Don't worry, usually your anxiety and worries will start to reduce, but even then, you will begin to feel, or experience new things you didnt feel in the first trimester. This is suppose to be the best trimester of them all, so sit back and enjoy it... specially the little kicks and taps, and movement you will soon begin to feel in the coming weeks.

[=
Me: 27
DH : 53

Image IT'S A GIRL!Image
Claire Olivia
Born: July 17th, 2015

Baby # 2 EDD JULY 16th, 2016 - Team Green Again!

Honey Bunny

Return to Second Trimester