Really Confused.

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Really Confused.

Postby smb041 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:44 am

So I had my first prenatal physical this week and as soon as the nurse started pressing on my tummy to find the baby so we could hear the heartbeat (I was going by LMP and was told I was 16+4) her eyes got really wide and she told me that she was suspecting I was closer to 20 weeks by the way things felt. So she measured me and got 17 which wasn't very far from what I waa originally told. Then my doctor came in and was worried because I want the testing done to test for any abnormalities and it has to be done at a certain point so he told me he was going to do a quick ultrasound to measure, but not to be too concerned if his measurements showed a week or two under what I'm measuring because he's not a professional at doing ultrasounds. He told me 14 weeks by the ultrasound which has me very worried. We heard the baby's heartbeat (160) and he/she was a wiggle worm the entire time on the ultrasound. It was so cute watching him move away when the doctor was finally able to see him. I was just wondering is there any cause for worry and which due date I should go with. My original due date was September 12th and now they are saying September 30th. I have my first full ultrasound at the end of April, but its gonna drive me crazy not knowing what to tell people when they ask how far along I am.
smb041

Re: Really Confused.

Postby s4mm13 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:30 am

I'm really surprised that you haven't had any form of ultrasound before now to properly date your pregnancy. It gets less accurate to date the further along you get which is why most dating ultrasounds are carried out before 12 weeks. This is also the time in which they carry out the Nuchal Translucency screenings which can give indications for anomalies such as Down Syndrome which then become less accurate as pregnancy progresses.

When was the first day of your last period? Do you have a regular 28 day cycle, or is it longer/shorter?

Where about do you live?

I hope that you get a clearer answer soon.
Me 29
DH 30
Oscar forever 5 months
Our beautiful son Oscar, born 24/2/14 at 32 weeks with Tetralogy of Fallot, oesophageal atresia and tracheo oesophageal fistula. Earned his wings aged 5 months and 1 day.

Oscar is going to be a big brother. BFP #2 29/11/14

Arlo William, our beautiful rainbow born safely 22nd July 2015

s4mm13

Return to Second Trimester