Second trimester, BP problems.

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Second trimester, BP problems.

Postby 90Kat » Thu May 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Good day to all you lovelies out there!
I should start by saying, ever since my first trimester they were concerned about my blood pressure readings. I was prescribed a home BP test, and to record at least times a day. One when relaxed, once after doing something. I generally chose housecleaning, taking the dog for a walk- ect.
My reading we're usually 130-140/90/95. The doctor decided I needed to just relax, take it easy, get moderate excersize and I should be fine.
I'm now in my second trimester and saw my OB two days ago, after taking my blood pressure she once again voiced her concerns and asked me for my normal readings. They have been about the same. Sometimes spiking to 150/105, she called a second opinion who asked about how I was feeling, looking, and how's babies heart beat sounded.
I have no swelling, and no redness, and babies heartbeat is super strong each time we have no problem finding him/her. So, the doctor decided BP medication was not needed at this time. Oh, and that if my blood pressure should spike to 160/105 give or take a few, they will reassess and put me on medication, but I needed to continue monitoring and taking it "easy."
Which, in all honest is very easy , considering since I got pregnant I was told no more work. (Previous failed pregnancies and health concerns.)
My only problem is, I've done a little research myself, Infact, I've read some posts on here that warn about higher blood pressures and the fear behind it. Now, I'm less concerned because baby is kicking, moving, growing and has a great heart beat... But that didn't completely nix my fears, as high blood pressure is still high blood pressure.
I guess I'm just voicing my current situation and wondering of anyone else is in the same boat? Do any of you have to take your blood pressure daily? Do you have advice/tips on how you keep your results? Or ways that helped lower your BP?
90Kat
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Second trimester, BP problems.

Postby care327 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:32 am

hi kat i know this is a month old post but i wanted to tell u i have high bp n had it before pregnancy. im crrently on medication n my highestreading so far was 130/75. which is still a lil high for me. i would think they would have started u on meds by now jus to be safe. i take labetalol
TTC Since May 2012
BFP Feb 17, 2013
M/C March 11 2013 6w3d
BFP January 5 2015
CHEMICAL January 13 2015
BFP March 20 2015

BETA #1 140
BETA #2 363
BETA #3 740
HB SEEN AT 6W5D

Faith Marie born into our hearts on 6/24/15 at 16 weeks. RIP sweet angel

DH Vas. Rev. May 2012, discovered 0 sperm May 2014, surgery to redo the reversal Oct 2014.
I have PCOS, Hypothyroidism
care327
Angel
Angel

Re: Second trimester, BP problems.

Postby Liza24 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:23 pm

When I got a reading of 142/85 in the first trimester, my doc put me on meds 2x a day, and now even with exercise I'm getting readings of 128/75. The meds are baby safe, and very worth it!
Me:37
DH:48
Connor: 6
BFP #2!! 9/24/2015

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Liza24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Second Trimester