Hardening of the belly at 15 weeks. Please help!

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Hardening of the belly at 15 weeks. Please help!

Postby sophhie » Wed May 20, 2015 5:21 pm

I am 14w4d today and am having a feeling like my belly gets all tightened up. It started happening on Monday, we ended up in the emergency room where all the tests turned out to be fine. It lasts for hours - 5h and more hours straight and it's almost constant. I read about Braxton-Hicks, but they only should last up to one minute. Mine last 15 minutes, then it releases and starts again. What can it be? Is it because of how the baby is moving or uterus stretching? I can't find such a problem anywhere online:(( I'm very worried:((

Thank you for all your advice.
sophhie

Re: Hardening of the belly at 15 weeks. Please help!

Postby sgrumbling21 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:33 pm

I think I've had this same issue and it is always my upper abdomen and it feels like everything is twisting. It's gas and your bowels trying to move the food along. If you are constipated like me, it is most likely food that is getting backed up and your intestines are working over-time to try to get it to move. Drink more water and start taking stool softeners.

I actually had this happen to me today and I ended up vomiting and I felt better almost instantly.
Me- 25
DH- 28
#1 EDD 10/12/15
13DPO beta 55
15DPO beta 126

2/23/15 First ultrasound Measuring 6w5d HR 128
3/5/15 measures right on time! HR 171

4/29/15 It's a GIRL!!!!

Natalie born 09.18.15 @2302 5lbs 9.4oz 18in long! She is my tiny, amazing little baby girl!
sgrumbling21

Re: Hardening of the belly at 15 weeks. Please help!

Postby sophhie » Thu May 21, 2015 2:50 am

Thank you for your reply. But I am not constipated. I drink 6 glasses of water every day since I'm pregnant as well. My belly stays hard even when I have a bowel movement which I have every day....
sophhie

Return to Second Trimester