Am I being stupid?

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Am I being stupid?

Postby Duke27 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:32 am

Totally freaked out as yesterday I had a stew which I added thyme, oregano and a few other herbs, I had no idea you couldn't have them and now super worried :-( I put a fair amount in and also used them the night before in a pasta dish :-( above else done this?

Also I've made some bbq chicken with Worchester sauce and Googled and some sites say you can't have it. Is this true or should I tuck into the bbq chicken?
Duke27
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Am I being stupid?

Postby SarahCHW » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:49 pm

You should be completely fine. From what I've read, eating spices in normal amounts (like in a soup or pasta) is completely fine, but Herbal supplements and teas containing uterine stimulants should be avoided. So as long as you aren't just downing thyme likes its going out style, it shouldn't be dangerous.

If it makes you feel better, I made slow cooker french onion soup (with a decent amount of thyme) two weeks ago and ate a bowl here of there. If anything bad were to happen it would have been awhile ago, me and belly are doing great :).
SarahCHW
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: Am I being stupid?

Postby Liza24 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Your fine! :)

Taking those things in a supplement is a no no, but adding to spice food and things is ok, your getting only a tiny amount that way!

Everything in moderation :)
Me:37
DH:48
Connor: 6
BFP #2!! 9/24/2015

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Liza24
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Second Trimester