bad back pain...need advice

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

bad back pain...need advice

Postby Rwebb12 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:31 pm

So, I'm 5 months pregnant with my second. I had back pain with my first, but nothing like this. It is very strange. My lower back, mostly on the left, has this sharp radiating pain. Sometimes it's my lower back, left side, and left side of my lower abdomen all at once, other times it's localized to one of these areas. The strange thing is. When I'm up moving around I'm fine. Its sore and stiff sometimes, but nothing worth taking Tylenol or anything. However, when I lie down a couple of hours later, I can't stand it. It hurts so bad that it wakes me up. I haven't had a good night sleep in days. I went to my doctor and she told me it was just muscular. Nothing to worry about. What has me thrown off is how it only hurts when I lay down. I try all different postions, sleeping with a pillow between my knees, heating pad. I was wonder if anyone has experienced this, and if it goes away.
Rwebb12
Friend

Re: bad back pain...need advice

Postby SarahCHW » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:07 am

I have not experienced that, but I do get crazy hip pain when I lie on my side, no matter what I do. The pain is always the left hip and it happens when I lie on either side. I have had some luck sleeping in a recliner. Not ideal, but I sleep, and I'll take it.

Good luck! Maybe try bothering a different doctor? I switch off between bothering my primary care and bothering my OB so I seem less crazy :)
SarahCHW
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby SaSears » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:14 am

I haven't experienced it personally... But one of my co-workers is pregnant and she was having crazy lower back/abdominal pain in one side... And apparently baby was smushing one of her ureters and causing whats called hydronephrosis. So maybe that's what's happening? Does baby tend to hang out on that side?
SaSears
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Leslieerinb » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:15 am

I'm 15 weeks with my second and I've had many more aches and pains this time around- not specifically my back, but it is crazy painful to sleep on my hips. I feel for you mama, as I haven't slept in days either. I'm exhausted. I demanded Dh order a memory foam cover for our mattress (a pillow is snoodle is doing nothing...), I'm going to see the chiropractor ASAP, and getting a massage this weekend. Maybe some of those could help you too?
Leslieerinb
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby agonize » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Do you have a snoogle pillow? I heard those help alleviate back pain and other discomforts.
Me--Sophia: 30, DH: 32
July 2015: chemical pregnancy
Sept 2015: BFP @ DPO 12;
EDD: 6/3/16
11w4d: :hb: 165 (doppler)
12w5d: :hb: 156 (ultrasound)
15w6d: :hb: 140 (doppler)
20w5d: :hb: 149 (ultrasound) It's a BOY!
agonize
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Second Trimester