Before Baby To-Do List!

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Before Baby To-Do List!

Postby skye skye » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:57 am

Just a tip for even cheaper shopping - if you use the BOGO deals with coupons you make out sooo much better! That is how I like to shop - I end up getting things for super cheap, free sometimes too. I mean it does take some work, but the savings in the end is phenomenal. Just to give you and idea - our last grocery shopping trip came to a total of $130 before any coupons - after all coupons our total came down to $72. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: You guys must travel a lot to use the air miles! yeah I've got to sign up for the baby clubs too, been meaning to do that. I'd call and see what's going on with that, sometimes things get all wonky & they can easily fix it. It's nice to get freebies and stuff. LOVE LOVE LOVE freebies! Ouch - yeah I can imagine that moving in heavy snow and cold is NOT fun. It'll be colder here so it actually works out nice for us, moving in the summer heat is AWFUL. We did that when we moved to our current house, middle of August & 98 degrees out. UGH 8O :doh:
Married 12-13-14
:bfp: 7-9-14 natural mc @ 5wks6d 7-19-14
:bfp: 1-18-15 EDD: 9-20-15
1st u/s 1-27-15: baby measuring 6wks2d :hb: 102bpm!!!
2nd u/s 2-17-15: No :hb:, baby stopped developing at 7.5 weeks-MMC - D&C 3/9/15
:bfp: 7-8-15 EDD: 3-13-16
beta#1 @ 23dpo=6720
beta#2 @ 25dpo=10521
u/s @ 6w1d :hb: 114!!!
u/s @ 8w3d :hb: 168!!!
u/s @ 12w4d NT scan great! :hb: 165!!!
u/s @ 14w6d TEAM GRAY!! (Ie: team blue sucks)
u/s @ 19w5d HEALTHY baby! :hb: 140
skye skye
Angel
Angel

Postby jeepgirl88 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:06 pm

I've actually never used air miles for travel...you would need a TON. You can redeem them for all kinds of other rewards though, gift certificates, or even $ off a purchase. When I have enough miles they ask me when I checkout at the grocery store if I'd like to redeem. But if they say it's only for $10 off I wait until I can redeem $20 or more.

So how do you go about couponing...where do you get them?
Me: 28
DH: 32
Married 11/09/2013
DD Born 02/04/2016

jeepgirl88
Star Member
Star Member

Postby skye skye » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:34 am

Oh okay - yeah I have a credit card like that too. Typically I just let the points accumulate for the entire year then cash them end at the end of the year for the holidays. (since that is when funds seem to be the tightest). Coupons usually come in the Sunday paper, but there are various sites online where you can print coupons for free too.

coupons.com

redplum.com

target.com (search by using "target coupons" - it'll pop up)

There are also various blogs out there for couponing - they highlight different stores with current coupons and tell you what savings there are. It's kind of like a cheat sheet. I frequently use the site krazycouponlady.com

I'm not entirely sure of the rule in CA for coupons - so you may want to check out your store's rules. They should have their rules listed on their website or you can inquire at the customer service counter. I know a lot of stores double coupons that are less than $1 - so say you have a coupon for .50 off, you store will double that and you will actually save $1. Unfortunately for me in FL, they don't do that here. But a lot of the northern states do. Also - a lot of stores will let you use coupons from competitors - so say you have a coupon for store A, if you store allows competitor coupons you can actually use that coupon at Store B. I would use store names to make it easier to understand - but I'm not sure what stores you have up there to compare. Another great tip is to use manufacturer coupons with store coupons (if you store allows it). For example - you buy a shampoo that costs say $5 regular price...you have a manufacturer coupon for $2 off - and also a store coupon for $1...you can use BOTH coupons and get the shampoo for only $2 :mrgreen: Store coupons are found in the actual store itself - at least our stores here have sale ads and coupon inserts in the fronts of the store. Also if you check you store's website, they should have coupons there as well (some manufacturer and some store coupons).

It's a really fun thing - at least for me. It's always a challenge to see how much I can save each trip. I highly recommend doing coupons - you'll be totally shocked that first time you see how much you save! I know my DH thought coupons were for "poor people" when we first started dating. He looked at me all crazy when I pulled out coupons to use while shopping. His mind quickly changed once he saw what savings you get out of it. :mrgreen:
Married 12-13-14
:bfp: 7-9-14 natural mc @ 5wks6d 7-19-14
:bfp: 1-18-15 EDD: 9-20-15
1st u/s 1-27-15: baby measuring 6wks2d :hb: 102bpm!!!
2nd u/s 2-17-15: No :hb:, baby stopped developing at 7.5 weeks-MMC - D&C 3/9/15
:bfp: 7-8-15 EDD: 3-13-16
beta#1 @ 23dpo=6720
beta#2 @ 25dpo=10521
u/s @ 6w1d :hb: 114!!!
u/s @ 8w3d :hb: 168!!!
u/s @ 12w4d NT scan great! :hb: 165!!!
u/s @ 14w6d TEAM GRAY!! (Ie: team blue sucks)
u/s @ 19w5d HEALTHY baby! :hb: 140
skye skye
Angel
Angel

Postby Yelibaby » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:28 pm

Great lists Jeep, so orgnaized!! Hadn't seen this post!
Me: 31
DH: 29
TTC #1 since OCT 2014. After 1 year Nuvaring.

BFP Feb. 15, 2015 - MC at 7 weeks
BFP Apr 2015 - cp
BFP May 24th, 2015 (My bday - 9dpo)

Beta 10dpo - 35// 12dpo - 100// 14dpo - 255// 17dpo - 1186.4// 21dpo - 7763.4

Progesterone 10dpo - 56.4 (oral progesterone)
Progesterone 14dpo - 61.3 (vaginal supplements and shot)

Please be my rainbow baby!!
Yelibaby
Addicted
Addicted

Postby jeepgirl88 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Thanks! Yup I am the queen of lists! Haha Gradually getting more things done and checked off :)
Me: 28
DH: 32
Married 11/09/2013
DD Born 02/04/2016

jeepgirl88
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TrebleLily » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:16 am

Now that I'm at the 4 months away from due date stage I've got my organized to-do list going too! I'm such a list person also. Just creating this has helped ease a lot of stress.

Ok, here's my organized "Before Baby To Do List"

January
-Register for Prenatal Classes @ Douglas College
-Research/interview/hire Doula
-Make Baby Gift Registry
-Find out who is doing the baby shower and when
​-Make list of guests with addresses to give to shower organizer
-Research main furniture items to be bought for Nursery and start purchasing
-Do first maternity photoshoot

February
-Assemble nursery furniture
-paint and decorate nursery
-Read up on baby care and breast feeding
​-find out about La Leche League and see about attending a group or class
-Attend Prenatal Classes (not sure the dates?)

Nursery Decoration (For January and February)
-Furniture for Nursery
​-Change Table (already have- need pad for top which will be on registry)
​-Dresser
​-Book Shelf/ Toy Shelf
​-Rocking Chair
​-Bed
-Painting and/or wall decals
-Curtains- blackout ones

March
-Buy Halo Bassinet for our bedroom
-Make Birth Plan
-Research Newborn Photoshoot
-Plan Baby Announcement- with list of addresses of who it will be sent to
-Attend Baby Shower
-Buy any items not received at Baby Shower
-Write and mail thank you cards for baby shower gifts
-Tour Hospital
-Second maternity photo shoot? Between week 30-35? Or maybe this should be the only one

April
-Set up bassinet
-Make freezer meals and snacks
-stock up on staple items for pantry and household basics
-Wash and put away all baby clothes and items
-pack hospital bags
-Install car seat
-Book newborn photoshoot
-Buy post-natal care items- witch hazel, gauze, pads, underwear, special freeze packs
-Have carpets professionally cleaned or rent professional carpet machine to clean myself
-Do a deep clean of the entire house
-Buy waterproof bed pad and start sleeping on it a few weeks prior to due date incase water breaks in the night
Me:31 DH: 46
DS: May 9,2016
Excited to be joining the 2 under 2 club!! Due Date November 1st

TrebleLily

Postby chocolatecake » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:06 pm

Amazing lists, thank you ladies. I'm hoping I can get away with a smaller list, since I'll be so busy moving. But I definitely think the post-partum mother care is a priority, feeding essentials, baby basics, and a safe comfortable place for sleep. Might end up decorating nursery while the baby is using it along with the rest of the house lol. It will be so fun and exciting.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Previous

Return to Second Trimester