Low BP and continuing nausea

The affectionately named "honeymoon trimester". Your belly is getting bigger and you start to feel your first baby kicks. Are you having a boy or a girl?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Low BP and continuing nausea

Postby Mantis » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:45 am

Hi all

I am 16 weeks with my first and suffering from increasingly low blood pressure and nausea

My blood pressure when during very early pregnancy 6-12 weeks ish was around 90/60. I have usually low blood pressure around 100/60-70 anyway. Went to the docs today and my reading was 70/50 and was feeling quite faint (like i do when i have blood taken)

My nausea and vomiting has also become worse and instead of just feeling a little bit hungover I am vomiting more often (around twice a week now) . Definitely not feeling this second trimester glow. I have been able to do very little in the way of exercising because of how i feel with the nausea and the feeling weak/exhausted (and also headaches and migraines and this week a winter cold)

I know it could be a few more weeks until perhaps I start feeling better but i guess now it's just starting to get to me a little bit

Thanks for reading x
Me: 31 (tests ongoing.. so far normal fertility)
DH:33 (male factor fertility: 20% motility)
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015
M/C @7w3d
Cycle 29 days. LP: 10 days
Supplements: Vitex, B6, Vit D, Prenatal Multi-Vit (Me), Menevit (DH)

Mantis
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: Low BP and continuing nausea

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:57 am

That sounds awful :( Did the doc say that BP reading was ok...? Seems a bit scary to me. Are you anemic or vit B deficient?

I hope you feel better soon...sounds so rough! :hugs:
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

Fiona Jayne born 12/21/2015 - our solstice baby! 7lb 5.5oz 19.75"

It's a BOY! EDD Feb 16, 2017
Repeat c-section scheduled, Ciaran Reeves will arrive Feb 13, 2017!

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mantis » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:07 am

Thanks Lindsey :)

Saw my obgyn and he thinks the BP will improve as I get further into the second trimester. He said it was OK for me to take odanestron every day and also maxalon if I need to tackle the nausea

I have also been getting pain from my jaw (due to clenching, I have temporamandibular joint disorder) and the only thing that works is ibuprofen. However he was very clear that I need to stay away from that. I usually need to take it every few weeks when I have a flare up and I don't know how I am going to get through to December without it. Nothing else works. Paracetamol does nothing and I cannot tolerate any opiates due to the nausea (including codeine, oxycodone- causes severe vomiting).

Just seems like one thing or another atm.
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015
M/C @7w3d

Mantis
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby HighlandGamesGirlCO » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:43 am

TMJ is no fun...and yes ibuprofen is not deemed safe in pregnancy. Have you tried ice/heat on your TM joint?

Glad to hear the doc thinks your BP will improve soon. You have been through a lot, poor thing!
Me (Lindsey) - 38
DH/love of my life - 44

"We are all atheists regarding most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

Fiona Jayne born 12/21/2015 - our solstice baby! 7lb 5.5oz 19.75"

It's a BOY! EDD Feb 16, 2017
Repeat c-section scheduled, Ciaran Reeves will arrive Feb 13, 2017!

HighlandGamesGirlCO
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mommy2-4 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:26 am

Lurking from another month...I really struggled with low BP as well to the point where I was afraid to walk up stairs for fear of falling/passing out. My dr said to really, and I mean really push fluids. I would drink through the night and make sure I drank a ton in the morning. It did help and I noticed a huge difference on days when I didn't drink enough. I also found that gentle cardio exercise (not too much too quickly) improved things. I would walk on the treadmill for 5-10 minutes then move on to the elliptical. Some days I was just too Low BP to make it on to the elliptical but most days it helped immensely for many hours afterward.
Mommy2-4
Friend

Postby Mantis » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:17 am

Today I had another moment of low BP and thought i was gonna faint- i had been stood up for ages in the queue to vote (Australian election) I do struggle with my fluids, particularly as I don't really like water unless it is sparkly or with cordial/squash. Being winter here makes it harder too as I prefer hot drinks in winter so have just been drinking decaf tea or herbal tea or hot chocolates

Today when I had the low blood pressure I could barely even walk and I am struggling to exercise. I have been going to aqua natal once a week but have slacked off on the dog walking, which is mainly due to the cold wet winter here. Hubby i meant to be setting up the elliptical SIL gave us but hasn't yet... will have to hassle him again to do it so I can give short bursts on the elliptical a go when i am feeling OK
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015
M/C @7w3d

Mantis
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Second Trimester