SO at baby shower?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Should your SO be at your baby shower if he can be?

Yes, Absolutely
51%
No its more of a girl thing anyways
49%

Total votes : 72

Postby PreggoliciousLaura » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Yeah,I think if they can be there then they should. My DH would feel left out if he wasn't at my baby shower :).
Laura: (28) wife to my soul-mate, Travis (28) since 2.9.06 together since 3.2.02
SAHM to my beautiful baby girls, Kitiara:12.15.06, Bella 9.15.09
& Aria: 7.24.11

Three furbabies: Cloud(Norwegian Forest Cat), Mist(Savannah Cat), and Duke(Mastweiller)
PreggoliciousLaura
Addicted
Addicted

Postby panacea » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:42 am

I had my shower this past weekend. DH and the guys (some spouses of family came too) ate a little early, then went out into the backyard to play by the lake and go tubing out on the motorboat. They also played pool, foosball and ping-pong downstairs while the girls ate, played some shower games and opened presents upstairs. So they were "there" but not really at the shower.

DH did come to the actual shower for a bit, as his cousin wanted to give him a Daddy to Be Kit that he'd made. It included a hazmat suit, plastic gloves, air freshener, tongs for diaper changing, a mask, goggles, etc.

:lol:

We sat down after all the guests had gone, and I showed him all the presents we got.
Karen 36 and DH 38
m/c May 2006 @ 8wks
Chemical June 2011

Owen Thomas born 09/26/09
Connor William due April 6, 2012
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a2d6a

panacea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Heather32 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm

My MIL threw my baby shower and she did a wonderful job but I was super glad that my DH was there with me. We jointly opened the presents and like some of you have said I really dont like being the center of attention so he got to share the spotlight....

Hope you end up having a wonderful shower regardless :)
Heather:33 DH:36 DS (6) 11/04 DS (2) 2/09
DD (Brand New!) 8/7/11 8pds 4oz 19 1/2in.
:angel: 04/07 (14wks) Rest in peace sweet angel baby
ImageImage
Heather32
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby caltron » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 pm

I think it's your shower and you can do it whatever way you want. Things are a lot more flexible than they have been in the past.

My brother went to his wife's shower because he was sooo excited about his first child. Also, both the grandpas made a brief appearance. Otherwise, it was all female. Lots of fun!

My bestfriend had a co-ed shower for close friends and family and her hubby, but it was more like a potluck dinner than anything else. Again lots of fun!!

My shower will be all female because that's the way I want it. Baby showers have way too much estrogen for my dh to handle so I didn't even bother asking him whether he wanted to come, lol.
caltron
Addicted
Addicted

Postby eladley » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:57 pm

My DH is having a Beer shower while i have my Baby shower so that his friends can celebrate the festivities of new life while we all sit around being giddy and doing our baby shower :)
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

[center]Image[/center]

eladley
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Previous

Return to Third Trimester